Porier v. Holloway, Adesanya v. Gastelum. Things I learned looking back.

Interesting takes on the fight that I pretty much agree with.

Curious on what you took from Gastelum vs Till?
I thought it was styles make fights proven once again. Also I'm super high on till at 185 I think he's going to one day be a champ possibly even a transcendent one. I think he's special and 170 was a negative on him

To all 4 points I couldn't agree more. Thanks for the input. I think Tony eats porier though that madman is the only guy on the planet at 155 that I think scare

That's certainly possible that he just fought above his norm, just like it's possible Izzy smoking whit was him having an above average fight. I don't think that's the case though. Styles make fights. Till is a scary fighter at 185 and who knows but at this moment I think gas is the better 185er with an unfortunate style match-up against till who is imo one of the better strikers on earth with a good match-up to boot. Izzy will destroy anyone who's not amazing at closing distance, which gas does incredibly well
I agree with most of that. I'm not saying Gas isn't great. I said he is a top 5 MW. I just think his fight with Izzy is likely the best performance of his career. He matches up well with Izzy. I think Whittaker, Till, Costa, and Romero are all just as good or better than him.

Similarly to how you feel about Till and Gas, I think Max is probably a better fighter than Poirier even at 155. He just matches up poorly with him.

I think Dustin could give Tony a great fight, considering that Tony doesn't usually go for the takedown.

I thought it was styles make fights proven once again. Also I'm super high on till at 185 I think he's going to one day be a champ possibly even a transcendent one. I think he's special and 170 was a negative on him

Agreed. I'm on the Till wagon.

Both those fights had everything. They were wars but also there was so much technique and resilience shown throughout. Kelvin really is a beast, to come up from WW and hang with these dudes and put most of them on their arse. Shame about that last fight with Till though.

Last edited:
Adesanya struggled with kelvin. Till walked through him at a walking pace. I'm no Darren Till lover but that performance really made me interested in a fight between Israel and Till.

Adesanya struggled with kelvin. Till walked through him at a walking pace. I'm no Darren Till lover but that performance really made me interested in a fight between Israel and Till.
Tills stand up is super legit. That fight told me a few things.
1)till is scary at 185 for pretty much anyone

2)masvidal is a monster and his striking is next level, he ko'd a natural mw and a guy I think will be 185 champ at some point after fighting most of his career at 155.

3) till is not going to be afraid in his new division and despite taking back to back losses is still improving, I'm very curious how strong his tdd and ground game is because with a few minor tweaks he could be one of the best standing strikers in the game. That doesn't matter much though if he has glaring holes on the ground. I thought it was a bad choice to take on such a top level guy in his first fight at 185 but he proved me wrong.

Back