Popcorn as a snack?

Tommy Seoul

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
This one is for my bro, who has been up my ass to ask this question for awhile;

Non-buttered popcorn is a relatively low calorie snack. If you're aware of the sodium and salt content is there any other reason to not eat it?

The carbs, but it is fine for a snack.

What's wrong with the so called carbs?

popcorn and little debbie brownies...my two nemesis'.

Little Debbies used to own me.

Now my only real problems are if occasionaly we have a dark chocolate bar in the house or some No Sugar Added ice cream.

I think it isn't that bad. Many times when people snack its more for the eating/chewing motion rather than the consumption of food. Therefore you would want to eat anything that will satisfy that craving rather than good food.

I like popcorn, rice cakes, and some iceburg lettuce. I would recommend getting out of that habit though, as some smaller portions and willpower can get rid of that craving totally. When I'm dieting I can lose the "I must eat something while watching TV" habit, but when I"m not it quickly comes back. Just takes a bit of willpower and time.

Rjkd12 said:
I think it isn't that bad. Many times when people snack its more for the eating/chewing motion rather than the consumption of food. Therefore you would want to eat anything that will satisfy that craving rather than good food.

I like popcorn, rice cakes, and some iceburg lettuce. I would recommend getting out of that habit though, as some smaller portions and willpower can get rid of that craving totally. When I'm dieting I can lose the "I must eat something while watching TV" habit, but when I"m not it quickly comes back. Just takes a bit of willpower and time.

Carrots are a good sub for this too. Also chewing tobacco, but I'm trying to apply the will power to that as well.

Rjkd12 said:

Yeah, unsalted, unbuttered popcorn is actually one of the healthiest carbs you can eat.

Madmick said:
Yeah, unsalted, unbuttered popcorn is actually one of the healthiest carbs you can eat.
this is what i've heard as well :D

Back