Poor Pat Healy comes to mind again

TheOneWhoKnows

Blue Belt
Reaction score
When I saw this Jon Jones story for testing positive for cocaine and then see how the UFC and Dana White have been so supportive and reacted so positively about Jones taking steps to address his drug problem. It brings to mind poor Pat Healy again who tested positive for marijuana got his win taken away and changed to a No Contest, lost his win bonus, lost his submission of the night bonus, lost his fight of the night bonus, was suspended for 90 days, and got slammed by Dana White and the UFC.

Really sad how athletic commissions and the UFC react and deal with marijuana use but cocaine use is no big deal evidently.

I'm a Jones fan, but that's a really good point actually.

You're exactly right. There's a terrible double standard here.

I'm a Jones fan, but that's a really good point actually.

There's nothing wrong with being a Jones fan, but the athletic commissions and the UFC shouldn't come down so hard on fighters testing positive for marihuana if they aren't going to do the same for other drugs it's a double standard. I realize that Jones is a cash cow for both Nevada and the UFC and Healy isn't but a standard response should be equal across the board regardless IMO.

UFC is losing me as a supporter. I'll always support the fighters but the organization is starting to lose me.

What has Healy ever done for Dana?

That'$ all that matter$.

As I understand, both weed and cocaine are not banned out of competition. But if you fail a post fight drug test it's obviously something different.

For the fighters who smoke weed it's unfortunate that it can still be detected several weeks after.

When I saw this Jon Jones story for testing positive for cocaine and then see how the UFC and Dana White have been so supportive and reacted so positively about Jones taking steps to address his drug problem. It brings to mind poor Pat Healy again who tested positive for marijuana got his win taken away and changed to a No Contest, lost his win bonus, lost his submission of the night bonus, lost his fight of the night bonus, was suspended for 90 days, and got slammed by Dana White and the UFC.

Really sad how athletic commissions and the UFC react and deal with marijuana use but cocaine use is no big deal evidently.

Not to mention, it was such a small amount that it wouldn't even be a fail by today's weed testing standards. A couple months after that, the allowable amount of metabolites was raised to like 10 times the Healy test amount.

I'm still wondering how Jones got a bonus when this had to have been known by the UFC before the fight happened. Interesting to see what his fight day test shows.

Double standards. They won't punish jones cause they make lots of money out of him

As I understand, both weed and cocaine are not banned out of competition. But if you fail a post fight drug test it's obviously something different.

For the fighters who smoke weed it's unfortunate that it can still be detected several weeks after.
People seem to ignore this very big distinction. Sure, Jones has a problem and he's admitted to it and getting help, but he passed the god damn test that really matters and that should be the end of it.

People are now acting like he should be fired and never fight against is some bullshit kneejerk mob mentality that MMA fans have always had the discomfort of being accused of being.

This. So many of you dip-shits on this board are forming all of these conclusions without even reading the news article

Then he washed out of the UFC without his popeye spinach.

Well Pat Healy is a scrub, Jones is King. If Jones was a scrub they probably wouldn't back him and he would be expendable. Isn't it great being the king?

Dana's stance on this is pathetic. but pathetic is as pathetic does.

God-damn straight, TS. It's really awful how that happened to Healy and then Jones gets dat pass.

Dana White's response to Pat Healy testing positive for marijauna:

"There are f--king rules," White said. "Whether it's TRT, didn't get an exemption, whether it's steroids, diuretics, whether it's pain pills, there's things that are banned substances. And whether you like it or not, marijuana is one of them. And somebody said,

Back