• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Media POLL TIME: Who's Next For Khamzat?

Next for Khamzat is

• Total voters
Every single one !
The whole UFC roster !
It doesn't matter Broder !

Gilbert Burns
Stephen Thompson
Vicente Luque
Neil Magny
Belal Muhammad
Chiesa/Brady winner
Leon Edwards (win or lose vs Masvidal)
Jorge Masvidal (win or lose vs Edwards)
Nate Diaz
Michel Pereira
Shavkat Rakhmonov
Middleweight (185) fight
Others (pls. specify)

I could see them doing something like Khamzat vs Robbie Lawler or Nate Diaz to get a big name on his resume that he should easily dominate on paper.

Burns makes the most sense. 5-10 are a waste of time. Luque or Edwards probably deserve the next shot, Colby did nothing to earn his. If not Burns then Luque or Edwards, whichever doesn't get the next shot.

So most want the Gilbert Burns fight. I don't mind seeing that, but when will he be ready for Khamzat?

Guys who want Diaz fight, you can have it now. Imagine:
A) middle finger
B) takedown
C) 50-45

Quick turn around against Strickland and then Luque would be ideal, but doubt it'll happen. Either that or the loser of Edwards and Masvidal if hazmat doesn't mind waiting around

problem with wonderboy is he makes everyone look boring with his touch and run style. Gilbert out grappled him to a very forgettable 29-28 decision.

i think they should have khamzat pick up where he left off... he was about to fight Leon before covid... so he deserves someone like Burns in the top 5 now.

Yeah but I promise that when Khamzat wrecks Wonderboy, haters will just say Wonderboy is old and it doesn't count.

If he beats Usman, same thing. Usman is 35 blah blah blah

If he beats Colby, it's because Usman ruined him forever

If he beats Burns, he still hasn't beaten a real wrestler

If he beats Edwards, Magny, Luque, etc he's still unproven against champions

It never ends. Not ever.

Fortunately, Sherdog haters don't actually decide what is or is not impressive. There's always people who blindly hate fighters in the sport they pretend to like
Seems like you are the one pretending to like MMA

After a dominant and impressive win against #11 ranked Li Jingliang,
who should Khamzat Chimaev fight next?

l5N1dG0.jpg

ToduMnE.jpg

u4gZhSX.jpg

Sound off!

I put Magny because I'd like to see him turn around quick.

But this poll is early the ideal match is colby (after a loss) so this poll should be next Monday. Definitely not waiting for leon/Mas.

Serious answer Wonderboy
Joke answer Conor

No reason we can’t see him within a month or two…

Bad thing about fighters nowadays, most won’t fight 3-4 times a year. And then complain about fighter pay.

I bet we won’t see him until Feb-March.

I’m not saying he’s that type of fighter, he did have a 1 week turnaround back in July of 2020.

1) Gilbert Burns
2) Magny

I picked Burns even though his win over Wonderboy was questionable. Wonderboy would be a fine opponent also but Burns ground game might make it a better fight. Forget both Jorge and Leon because they're already booked to fight and I'm sick of waiting for good cards because some of these guys want a million bucks to fight once a year.

The UFC wanna see him with Nate Diaz, it seems like. I can imagine they have offered Khamzat a nice payday for going that route.
So that's what I voted.
I just don’t see Nate, or his managers, going through with this. Low profile/high risk for Nate.

So most want the Gilbert Burns fight. I don't mind seeing that, but when will he be ready for Khamzat?
He should be ready now. Burns didn't take much damage from WB, and he last fought in July I think.

Burns won't fight Luque so there's not anyone else for him to fight. Burns just beat WB

Leon/Masvidal is booked
Colby/Usman is booked
Chiesa/Sean Brady is booked.

Back