Poll: Is CM Punk in the wrong?

CM Punk is in the wrong

• Total voters
The ridiculous part is that this basically is about Colt Cabana who isn't even a relevant AEW wrestler and is only talked about today because Punk named dropped him in one of the most famous promos of all time 11 years ago.

It appears the Young Bucks and Kenny Omega have been suspended.

I feel like it's a work. However, if it's not, of those directly involved. Punk deserves part of the blame for making it public while the elite deserves the blame for storming punks locker room. People need to chill the fuck out and calm the fuck down before doing shit like that.

Work or not they were stripped of their titles. If they can manage it this could be a good money making opportunity.

He thought he could fight in the UFC. His perspective isn’t all that great. AEW guys seem a bit like crybabies too. Both are at fault.

imo most of it is shoot, but they're gonna work it.

Punk was going to have to drop the title anyway, word is he'll be out for months with an arm injury from the Mox match, and TK didn't seem to want to share any specifics last night other than everyone was stripped.

what I don't get is why Khan didn't cut the presser short during Punk's bit, or at least once the fight happened. he was sitting there answering questions when all this went down, crazy imo.

imo most of it is shoot, but they're gonna work it.

Punk was going to have to drop the title anyway, word is he'll be out for months with an arm injury from the Mox match, and TK didn't seem to want to share any specifics last night other than everyone was stripped.

what I don't get is why Khan didn't cut the presser short during Punk's bit, or at least once the fight happened. he was sitting there answering questions when all this went down, crazy imo.
I feel like TK was deer in headlights. Like oh shit what do I do? He's going off the rails.

I feel like TK was deer in headlights. Like oh shit what do I do? He's going off the rails.
yup. he's gonna have to learn to squelch that kinda shit, most of what is going on kinda sounds like lack of leadership.

The Cabana stuff is a shoot. The rest is a work. Punk is off for 3+ months anyway due to surgery. So this was Punk’s way to keep his heat before leaving, same as MJF’s “fire me you fucking mark” promo

The Cabana stuff is a shoot. The rest is a work. Punk is off for 3+ months anyway due to surgery. So this was Punk’s way to keep his heat before leaving, same as MJF’s “fire me you fucking mark” promo
It's a definite heel turn for sure. But then again most of Punk's promos have been heelish as is

doesnt sound like much of a work, all got suspended, and they are doing an investigation.

The bucks/kenny got the second in command and chris daniels (third parties) to come be witness in case any shit happened too

Just going to say I enjoyed the show more without him. Punk also represents one of the lamest periods in the WWE. I don't understand the appeal.

The appeal comes from him being a bit of a spark at the time. The "pipe bomb" was great. The Cena/Punk build up was masterful. The match(and more importantly, the setting) nailed the whole arc. It really felt like the WWE was turning a corner, and he was the catalyst for that change. I don't think I'm alone in saying that that story brought me back to watching WWE, after giving up on it for years.

Then they fucked it all up in record time. Punk still gets by on being the guy who almost got the WWE out of the pit of shit it's been in, ever since the AE ended. That's the appeal. He's still "that guy", even though his stock has progressively dropped over the years. Daniel Bryan has a similar appeal.

CM Punk might as well retire it seems like he gets injured every other match.

Last edited:
The appeal comes from him being a bit of a spark at the time. The "pipe bomb" was great. The Cena/Punk build up was masterful. The match(and more importantly, the setting) nailed the whole arc. It really felt like the WWE was turning a corner, and he was the catalyst for that change. I don't think I'm alone in saying that that story brought me back to watching WWE, after giving up on it for years.

Then they fucked it all up in record time. Punk still gets by on being the guy who almost got the WWE out of the pit of shit it's been in, ever since the AE ended. That's the appeal. He's still "that guy", even though his stock has progressively dropped over the years. Daniel Bryan has a similar appeal.
I can understand the appeal for Bryan. Punk is just lame to me. Always came off as whiny compared to Bryan. I think seeing him "fight" kinda was the nail in the coffin. Can't really believe he's a threat to anyone like Cole .

Back