Poll: How Many WMMA Fights Entertained You?

How many WMMA fights entertained you?

• Total voters
Rhonda (not anymore obviously)
Cyborg
Miesha
Nunes

Not interested in any other WWMA fighters

I wonder if anyone will get the Heel heat that Ronda had around tthe last 2 fights before losing to Holm. It was total pandemonium.

Honestly about the same % as men’s MMA. People forget that there are ALWAYS snoozers for fights on almost every card. It’s not like every men’s fight is crazy awesome.

I can appreciate the skill of the men much more bc the are so much further along in general.

Some. Percentage wise it's probably higher than the men's fights since the chicks tend to get into more wonky scrambles on the ground instead of stalling out. Also, Nunes and Andrade are among the best Just Bleed fighters in the UFC, the only better guarantee of violence is Justin Gaethje.

I have to admit I love to see Rose fight and usually Joanna too. 90% of them are snoozers though. That said 30-50% of men are snoozers too.

Best WMMA fight ever. Hands down, without a doubt. Anyone who says otherwise can suck it... unless their favorite is Ronda vs Nunes. Thats the only acceptable alternative answer.
That fight was ended too early

I always look forward to the female fights and i'm disappointed if there isn't any on the card.

Here’s the thing when comparing them to men. Do the men sometimes put on bad, boring fights? Absolutely. But there are key differences between the two when it comes to bad fights.

1. The women put on unentertaining fights at a much higher rate than the men. When any woman outside of the top 5ish fights you know you have about an 80% chance the fight is going to be air punching or a low level wrestling match.

2. At least with bad men’s fights you can usually at least tell the fighters involved have the skill level you would expect to see in the premier organization. Same cannot said about the women as some don’t look they know how to throw a punch correctly.

3. In men’s fights, you at least still feel as though something could happen at any time. Many women don’t show the ability to change a fight on a moments notice due to lack of power and/or skill level.

4. An uneventful decision often feels inevitable. I know I often see women’s fights on a card and just assume we’ll see a boring decision (because they are common) and it makes me automatically be uninterested. This can sometimes lead to a surprise but oftentimes it’s the case and further drives the thought process of women’s fighting being boring.

I don’t hate all women’s mma and I think there is definitely a place for it. I have zero problem with women competing, even in the UFC. But I do think it should be on its own cards for those that enjoy it. I don’t see how it harms anybody, people that want to see it can and those don’t want to can skip it. Everybody wins.

I have what I consider a pretty forgiving threshold for what's worth watching when it comes to pro MMA.

When it comes to WMMA, I don't see that level very often. And most of the time when I do, it's only one of the fighters who I see it from, and only some of those mismatched fights are going to be worth watching.

I was torn between some and few for this one.

Here’s the thing when comparing them to men. Do the men sometimes put on bad, boring fights? Absolutely. But there are key differences between the two when it comes to bad fights.

1. The women put on unentertaining fights at a much higher rate than the men. When any woman outside of the top 5ish fights you know you have about an 80% chance the fight is going to be air punching or a low level wrestling match.

2. At least with bad men’s fights you can usually at least tell the fighters involved have the skill level you would expect to see in the premier organization. Same cannot said about the women as some don’t look they know how to throw a punch correctly.

3. In men’s fights, you at least still feel as though something could happen at any time. Many women don’t show the ability to change a fight on a moments notice due to lack of power and/or skill level.

4. An uneventful decision often feels inevitable. I know I often see women’s fights on a card and just assume we’ll see a boring decision (because they are common) and it makes me automatically be uninterested. This can sometimes lead to a surprise but oftentimes it’s the case and further drives the thought process of women’s fighting being boring.

I don’t hate all women’s mma and I think there is definitely a place for it. I have zero problem with women competing, even in the UFC. But I do think it should be on its own cards for those that enjoy it. I don’t see how it harms anybody, people that want to see it can and those don’t want to can skip it. Everybody wins.

Dude... half of them are 115lb. You aren't going to get a lot of KOs. It also depends on the matchmaking. You can have girls that are known to bang turn in really lackluster fights cause the opponent has no interest in engaging so they either stay outside and run away or try and wall&stall or lay&pray.

You can't expect even normally extremely active and aggressive fighters to just throw caution to the wind and try and murder the other girl. Half the time that's what they are waiting for so they can body lock them. Those fights are pure shit and it's obvious who's to blame.

Also some fighters find out their opponent's cage weight an hour before the fight. That alone can change strategy. If you thought your opponent was around 135 for a Flyweight bout but they showed up at 150 and don't seem to have had any negative effects from doing it... christ on a stick... you are going to be playing that fight cautiously.

Every Joanna fight, Waterson fight, Torres fight, cyborg fight has been fun

Not to mention the excitement of Ronda

They are on average more boring but lots are good

Dude... half of them are 115lb. You aren't going to get a lot of KOs. It also depends on the matchmaking. You can have girls that are known to bang turn in really lackluster fights cause the opponent has no interest in engaging so they either stay outside and run away or try and wall&stall or lay&pray.

You can't expect even normally extremely active and aggressive fighters to just throw caution to the wind and try and murder the other girl. Half the time that's what they are waiting for so they can body lock them. Those fights are pure shit and it's obvious who's to blame.

Also some fighters find out their opponent's cage weight an hour before the fight. That alone can change strategy. If you thought your opponent was around 135 for a Flyweight bout but they showed up at 150 and don't seem to have had any negative effects from doing it... christ on a stick... you are going to be playing that fight cautiously.

{<huh}

Not sure I understand any of the points you’re trying to make or how they pertain to my statements or why women’s fights in general are low level and or/boring fights. Is your point that women have no power and is full of fighters with boring styles and that’s why I shouldn’t expect them to put on good fights? I’m genuinely confused by your response, not trying to be an ass.

Last edited:
Ronda fights were always fun tbh, just sucks that they were ppv main events

Ronda was important on the MMA scene like it or not. I thought Ostevitch vs VanZant was a good scrap. Mostly its kind of meh.

Joanna vs Esparza only cuz I was there and I bet on Joanna.
Nunes KOing Rhonda and Cyborg had me like
<mma4>

Never watched one since that brutal “Ultimate fighter all chick season”.

Kinda turned me off the sport entirely.

But the gif of Ronda getting knocked out is amusing.

And honestly, a woman has to be truly terrible for me to enjoy the sight of her being knocked out.

In these days of oversaturation of the UFC with inadequate talent depth, there really are just "some" fights I want to watch period.

For WMMA, the championship level fights and some of the up and coming talent are entertaining. I'm not entertained by most Invicta level fights, or low level WMMA in the UFC.

There is obviously a lot more talent in the men's, because that's who mostly fights and does combat sports. The shoe is on the other foot with soccer- girls play that more than boys in the US, and um... who's soccer team does better at the World Cup?

{<huh}

Not sure I understand any of the points you’re trying to make or how they pertain to my statements or why women’s fights in general are low level and or/boring fights. Is your point that women have no power and is full of fighters with boring styles and that’s why I shouldn’t expect them to put on good fights? I’m genuinely confused by your response, not trying to be an ass.
Lower weight classes will have less finishes unless there is a mismatch or someone comes in injured. Having a bad weight cut is as bad as being KOed a week before so you are going to see that person most likely fall off a cliff. I'm sure Dana loves that. He wants to see more finishes. It's why weight cutting will never go away while he is in charge.

Can't speak to the rest of what you wrote cause I'm not sure what's really confusing. It's just my opinion based on my own observation.

Back