• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Political Betting Thread

My book is currently offering 1/3 on Trump to concede on the 13th or later/never.

Seems like a lock imo.

I can't see him giving up within 5 days.

Fox just called it for Biden.

hoping for some settlements sooner than later.
The standard on Bovada was for both Fox and CNN to call it, but nothing's been settled yet.

EDIT: This was solely for bets on whether or not the election would be called Nov 6th or 7th.

I got the impression from my bookie that AP:s indication would be enough for the winner.

Waiting for the payout

giphy.gif

Bovada hasn't settled anything for me either. Only election night calls. Still have state bets outstanding in WI PA GA NC and AZ. kinda surprised NC hasn't been called for Trump yet too btw

I mean at the end of the day you can have your own opinion about it, I just think the conspiracy/fixing/whatever angle is really unlikely. I've worked in data science before in a contentious field of research where I've heard those same accusations, and it didn't represent anything I witnessed personally, otherwise I would've exposed it without hesitation. It'd require a large-scale operation where even one whistleblower would risk the whole system. I don't even think poll-fixing would necessarily help a candidate as I've mentioned before. Overconfidence on Biden would've been a bad thing imo, and as an anti-Trump guy I'm glad the narrative was a lot more cautious this time around.

I think these are fair points, but the counter is the eerie similarity between so many these different pollsters in the same direction, and those that don't have the same type of paymasters don't have this problem. Anyway, I think you would have done well with your bets. I managed to salvage most of my bets, so I won't lose too much.

i was doing some research on Bush v Gore election count from 2000, and you will never guess who helped Bush win his legal case.... ALL THREE of Trumps SCOTUS appointees.
Its almost as if......<BC1>

Keep waiting fellas. The media does not call an election.

Most of the UK bookies seem to have paid out too.

Back