Poirier should fight Islam

I'd honestly rather they not fight each other so soon.

I like Dustin and dont want to see him lose soon.

Dustin deserves to fight for the vacant title after Khabib retires.

Once the Dianond enjoys the title for a bit Islam can fight and take it from him.

CDF/Cerrone, he wins either of those then we talk Hooker/Lee

Islam probably ranked too low to fight Dustin. Poirier deserves a higher ranked opponent

Poirier - Islam should be FOTN
200.gif

You don't go from fighting Khabib, Gathje, Eddie, and now Hooker to fighting someone who's last two wins are Davi Ramos and a guy who doesn't even have a wiki page.

Islam 2.0 beats almost anyone in the LW division. He just hasnt been fed ranked competition yet.

I'd rather see him beat up someone annoying like Hooker or Felder though.

Everyone shitting on Islam because he is a 'nobody'

Regardless who he has fought, he would easily beat dustin

He might but that's not how it should work.

How is #15 gonna fight #3 who is coming off a win against #5? And why should #3 agree to it, when beating Tony Ferguson puts him in immediate contention?

Firas Zahabi said Islam Makhachev is Khabib's toughest matchup in the LW division (not Gaethje, not Tony, etc.) They are brothers so they won't fight though.

When asked about what Firas said, Coach Javier Mendez said he totally agrees.

He might but that's not how it should work.

How is #15 gonna fight #3 who is coming off a win against #5? And why should #3 agree to it, when beating Tony Ferguson puts him in immediate contention?

No one's saying Dustin should agree to it. But to be clear, Islam would he the favourite if they were to fight.

No one's saying Dustin should agree to it. But to be clear, Islam would he the favourite if they were to fight.

I doubt Islam would be the favorite as far as the betting odds go lol.

I doubt Islam would be the favorite as far as the betting odds go lol.

He was like 4-1 favourite against Hernandez before it got called off. Hernandez was ranked 14 at the time.

Odds would be pretty close between Islam and Dustin

I do not think that is true

If people actually believed he would beat the #3 in the division he would be ranked higher or at least the UFC would be trying to push him into fights with top guys

I do not think that is true

If people actually believed he would beat the #3 in the division he would be ranked higher or at least the UFC would be trying to push him into fights with top guys

UFC doesnt want to move him up the ranks fast for now, because he won't fight Khabib so from their perspective why let him take out other contenders.

Higher ranked guys dont like the risk/reward ratio of fighting Islam because effectively they're fighting a top 5 lightweight but the result will be perceived as though it were against a 10-15 ranked LW.

Few exceptions - like Fighter Kevin Lee was willing to challenge himself against Islam but the UFC didn't allow it.

Last edited:
No. That's stupid why would Dustin for out on his way to fight a guy that's ranked so much below him. Makachev offers a good fight I'm not doubting that, but he doesn't represent any reward. This is a big time loss / nothing to win situation.

Islam 2.0 beats almost anyone in the LW division. He just hasnt been fed ranked competition yet.

I'd rather see him beat up someone annoying like Hooker or Felder though.
I like Islam a lot but Oliveira, Gaethje, and CDF are insanely tough fights for him

I think Islam beats Hooker, Poirier, and Felder

Back