• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Poirier says he checked one of McGregor's kicks. When?

Kavanaugh just said Dustin broke it by blocking lol

Go cry more you fucking baby, Conor is 1-3 at 155 and 3-4 when not cutting 30 lbs to fight smaller men lmao

Khabib is the master of fighting smaller men. Cuts enough weight for half the Russian federation just to beat up on LW's. Dude is 190+ walking around.

Khabib is the master of fighting smaller men. Cuts enough weight for half the Russian federation just to beat up on LW's. Dude is 190+ walking around.

Whataboutisms are a logical fallacy.

I'm sorry you thought you hitched your wagon to a donkey and not a thoroughbred, but talking about a retired fighter is irrelevant.

He didn't check a kick, but he pulled his leg back and Conor landed with the foot.

For me it's a freak injury and I don't think of it as win.

You don’t have to think of it as a win. But whether you do or not it is going down as a win for Dustin and yet another loss for the conman.

You have no way of telling what made contact where. The foot can hit the back of the knee but the shin could still be hitting the side of the knee bone.

And yeah, stress fracture that spiraled when he planted and pivoted hard.

Also, right before the break, Conor teeped to the body and Dustin blocked with his elbow, so maybe that one.

All Dustin claimed was Conor kicked, Dustin checked, and Dustin made a gesture because he knew Conor landed bad and it probably hurt.
We have HD cameras and slow motion. If the videos show he didn't land with his shin, then why would we believe he landed with his shin?

We have HD cameras and slow motion. If the videos show he didn't land with his shin, then why would we believe he landed with his shin?
Notice I'm justifying how legs can break after a stress fracture.

But kavanaugh just said, like I did in my post, that the elbow block was the culprit.

Whataboutisms are a logical fallacy.

I'm sorry you thought you hitched your wagon to a donkey and not a thoroughbred, but talking about a retired fighter is irrelevant.
It's not a real word.

If a long bone is weak enough, it can still presumably fracture with enough moment about that point of fracture. Meaning the foot can act as a lever. I know to a few posters on here it sounds unlikely and it probably is, but I don't think it's impossible. You look at some ER injuries and falls and bone breaks in old people and it's not always direct line of action of the force.
Not impossible but it's incredibly unlikely he's broke a perfectly healthy leg just by putting weight on it. There must have been minor fracture coming into the fight or sustained in the 1st round.

Notice I'm justifying how legs can break after a stress fracture.

But kavanaugh just said, like I did in my post, that the elbow block was the culprit.
That's fair enough. All I'm saying is the checked kick that landed with his foot couldn't be the shin breaker.

Not impossible but it's incredibly unlikely he's broke a perfectly healthy leg just by putting weight on it. There must have been minor fracture coming into the fight or sustained in the 1st round.

well yeah that's what most of us seem to be saying. I think most of us are capable of throwing hard enough to break a hand or leg bone on an opponent at the right angle and forces/torques generated by the foot on the ground.

Watch how it lands lol. Top of the foot to the knee. Either Conor fucked it up kicking, or that guys gotta drink some more milk lol.
I think both, there wanna thread earlier about cycling leading to loss of bone density and thats his primary form of cardio for years now. I agree with both your points, I just didn't think it was a check from Dustin. More so that Conor landed poorly

That's fair enough. All I'm saying is the checked kick that landed with his foot couldn't be the shin breaker.
Probably not, although I can't really tell how it landed. Waiting for the super slow mo camera replay they do.

I'm sorry but that is a bad analogy. If a fighter gets a cut it's usually because the other fighter had something to do with it. In this case, Conor broke his foot all on his own. Dustin had absolutely nothing to do with it, and that's why he would have never celebrated that way.
Key word, USUALLY. Fights also get stopped due to unintentional cuts from things like headbutts. The comparison works.

Also Conor threw a lot of kicks so its very possible the damage he accrued from those kicks led to the break.

He didn't check anything. The kick Conor did from far away and might have hurt himself but not because it was checked just him kicking out of range and landing on a bad spot.

bones generally don't break just by standing awkwardly. dustin damaged it at some point, whether by checking or that elbow block.

poirier-mcgregor3-kick.JPG

According to John Cavanaugh, this was the deathblow.

Well if you believe Dustin then yeah this is the "checked" kick..I don't see much in it myself.

Still slowed down but faster
Conor-kick.gif

Anybody believing Dustin nodded due to "checking" the kick well and somehow broke the shin here and not 5 minutes later are flat out deluding themselves.

Dustin pretty clearly only nods because Conor started the fight off trying to throw a calf kick back at him.

This had all the signs of a one way beat down, I wish Conor's bones weren't so brittle so to see more of the beat down continue.

You don’t have to think of it as a win. But whether you do or not it is going down as a win for Dustin and yet another loss for the conman.
Erm yeah, I'm fine with that, I still don't think of it as a real win, it was a fight stopped due to a freak injury, not sure what is disputable about that.

Back