Media Poirier confirms that he is bigger than Khabib even when he was FW

Tevfik1907

Being P4P No.1 = GOAT Requirement
Banned
Reaction score

Time: 2:58

He says that he was 190 pounds while fighting at Featherweight, while Khabib says he is 185 pounds when he is already retired.

If Khabib wanted to be a weight bully, he would fight at Featherweight, like Poirier did, who is still bigger than him at Lightweight.

Do you believe something Khabib says?

I mean it’s not like the weigh scale in his last fight clearly indicated else wise.

it’s not like his team faked dying fathers last wish to be GSP come down to 155 and fight my son.

Khabib is currently 192lbs in retirement. In his recent interview, he said he was 87 kilos.

I posted this already, but it just further confirms the weight bully argument was made by Khabib haters grasping at straws.

He wasn't 190 in the cage though, nor was Khabib 185 in the cage.

Walk around weight =|= cage weight
Didn't Ortega get back up to like 170 in the cage against Korean zombie? Something crazy like that? Fight night, Dustin is like 175, 178. Crazy that Ortega could hydrate up to 170 fight night.

Poirer said 190, Khabib said 192.

Since when is 190 a bigger number than 192? Maths is hard for Sherdog.

Didn't Ortega filled up to like 170 in the cage against Korean zombie? Something crazy like that? Fight night, Dustin is like 175, 178. Crazy that Ortega could hydrate up to 170 fight night.
I have no idea brother!

Still baffles me that people here can't accept the simple fact that Khabib goes through absolute hell making weight, experiencing seizures, hospitalized, missed weight, had that shady weigh in against Gaethje where official clearly covered up for him.

If he was a small or middle sized LW he wouldn't be going through these things.

Last edited:
MYTH BUSTED

It was a false a narrative all along. Khabib never dwarfs anyone in a LW fight. There was no evidence of this.

His body just did not respond well to cutting/and also he used less than optimal methods to cut weight with his team not working with a proper nutritionist's until later in his career.

Poirier 190
Hooker 190
Felder 194
Alvarez 190
Tony 200
Kevin lee 190
Ortega 185
Adesanya walks around at LHW weight

But its just khabib who cuts too much weight. Not like 80% of the male roster should be fighting up in class (in which case they're actually at their right weight classes).

Highly doubt 145-Poirier was bigger than Khabib. Just talking common sense here, Khabib always had a hard time making 155, and Poirier supposedly was bigger when he at 145 at the time cutting an extra 10 lbs on top of that?

The “weight bully” narrative was always weird to me. He’s never looked massive compared to any of his opponents, even the former 145ers. He would have been small at Welterweight. Just a way for the haters to make themselves feel better about him beating everybody.

Poirer said 190, Khabib said 192.

Since when is 190 a bigger number than 192? Maths is hard for Sherdog.

MMA math is the easiest of them all for sherdoggers

what more do you want from shredded keyboard warriors

If he was a small or middle sized LW he wouldn't be experiencing these things.
That's both false and ignorant.

Uriah Hall had a seizure because of a 7% weight cut (10% is average), and that's because there are other factors that can affect the difficulty of a weight cut beyond simply how much weight is being cut.

A long history of weight cuts, too many weight cuts without enough time in between, age, and many other factors can make weight cuts increasingly difficult even if not a lot of weight is being cut (or even if one decreases how much weight they cut).

Last edited:
Still baffles me that people here can't understand the simple fact that Khabib goes through absolute hell making weight, experiencing seizures, hospitalized, missed weight, had that shady weigh in against Gaethje where official clearly covered up for him.

it shouldn't baffle you because there are just fighters who are great or have a great team in cutting weights

Conor was never a typical featherweight when he LOOKED LIKE DEATH even though he made weight

in short, having problems making weights more likely indicates "having the skill (or not) in making weight" more than anything else

So is DC as big as Ngannou or Lewis? He used be in the cage just as heavy as them...i used to weight around 280lbs...

Still baffles me that people here can't understand the simple fact that Khabib goes through absolute hell making weight, experiencing seizures, hospitalized, missed weight, had that shady weigh in against Gaethje where official clearly covered up for him.

This is all talk, we need official fight night weight, until that point Khabib has only missed once iirc and looks just like the rest of the LW's.

The Gaethje fight was clearly still a very tough weigh in, you can even see his face is sunken in a little bit. It's always going to be a hard cut for him.

so he is a chicken ,fight at 170 if you are too big dustin,..

Last edited:
Back