Poirier at 155

Poirier fukin up moving up to LW. Ferguson would smash him, he will see their are bigger fighters ar 155 like cerrone, benson, ferguson too. He should stay at 145

Except the champion in that division is smaller than Poirier... so it's all a moot point

He'll do the same.

Beat some, lose to the best of the division.

He'll get some nice warm-up fights though. Vagner Rocha, will be his first fight IMO. Someone he can put away comfortably to get his confidence back.

I can't help but smh at this decision and people saying DP is a big fw. Average sized at best, smaller than some of the bw's. If the weight cut is an issue Dustin should hire a nutritionist. Erik Koch (who is bigger than DP) failed abysmally at lw and I fear the same outcome is in store for Poirier. From top featherweights to obscurity, what a shame.

I can't help but smh at this decision and people saying DP is a big fw. Average sized at best, smaller than some of the bw's. If the weight cut is an issue Dustin should hire a nutritionist. Erik Koch (who is bigger than DP) failed abysmally at lw and I fear the same outcome is in store for Poirier. From top featherweights to obscurity, what a shame.

Lol'd

I agree with some other people here.

Does he truly believe he can be champion at LW?

Where he has the ability to float around top 10-5 in the FW division.

He is most certainly going to be a top 15-10 guy at LW.

The answer to losing a fight isn't always changing weight classes

Guessing Poirer is just looking for something to be excited about seeing how that McGregor loss set him back in the FW division a long ways, now he feels like he gets to start fresh

The level of competition isn't any easier and he is gonna give up a little bit of size now to a lot of guys

To be fair, he had a brutal cut for the Brandao fight.

Also he's only slightly shorter than Pettis, I see him having some success

He would lose to all top 20 or even top 30 guys. Bad move going up. Koch also thought it would be good idea and how did that worked out? I know he is cutting a lot of weight,but he doesnt have the frame for lw. He will get destroyed

Lightweight is a different monster.

Poirier is #6 at featherweight, #6 at LW is Barboza...

He will probably end gaining some weight and the cut to lw won't be much different.

It should be a big 155'er to make Dustin quickly realize he made a mistake moving up.

If Benderson somehow loses to Carrone he would be a solid option.

He likes to eat. I saw on a countdown or something that he had a dresser drawer full of dirty snacks. He must hate cutting that much weight.

didnt know he was moving back to lw. hope he gets a lower tier opponent. maybe a rematch with castillo?

Back