Please explain to me how Pierce's plan got him hh'd

BJJ_Rage

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
I keep seeing this over and over again "he shouldnt have gone to the ground with toquinho" he shoul've have kept the distance and strike" he shouldn't have clinched" etc etc... am I the only one missing something here? Clinch, dirty boxing and WnS IS ALL Pierce does, he has never been a good striker, and it was not like he took toquinho down, toquinho pulled guard from the clinch, he was trapped against the cage, he had no way to run nor to stop the takedown...

palhares is a pretty shitty striker overall and he gasses like crazy if not giving up altogether when the fight doesn't go his way. Clinching up with him while hes fresh is the last thing you'd want to do

Pierce's striking > Toquinho's...and the fight starts on the feet. Don't play to your opponent's strengths if you don't have to

palhares is a pretty shitty striker overall and he gasses like crazy if not giving up altogether when the fight doesn't go his way. Clinching up with him while hes fresh is the last thing you'd want to do

pierce is no world class kb either...

this

pierce is no world class kb either...

Better than Palhares. The knockout would have come eventually. Palhares had a really tough cut which makes the above poster even more right. Very stupid game planning by Pierce

I totally agree. He didn't take Paulhares down...Toquinho pulled him to the ground.

Im not sure what you're confused about. He knew what he had to do to avoid the HH, and he walked into it. Dumb.

sorry but if keeping distance and striking isnt possible for Pierce, then he is not ufc caliber

Back