Please explain to me how Pierce's plan got him hh'd

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by BJJ_Rage, Oct 9, 2013.

1. BJJ_Rage

BJJ_Rage Gold Belt

I keep seeing this over and over again "he shouldnt have gone to the ground with toquinho" he shoul've have kept the distance and strike" he shouldn't have clinched" etc etc... am I the only one missing something here? Clinch, dirty boxing and WnS IS ALL Pierce does, he has never been a good striker, and it was not like he took toquinho down, toquinho pulled guard from the clinch, he was trapped against the cage, he had no way to run nor to stop the takedown...

2. Phrozenspite

Phrozenspite Black Belt

palhares is a pretty shitty striker overall and he gasses like crazy if not giving up altogether when the fight doesn't go his way. Clinching up with him while hes fresh is the last thing you'd want to do

3. welcometohavoc

welcometohavoc Yellow Card

Pierce's striking > Toquinho's...and the fight starts on the feet. Don't play to your opponent's strengths if you don't have to

4. BJJ_Rage

BJJ_Rage Gold Belt

pierce is no world class kb either...

5. Sac423

Sac423 Brown Belt

this

Better than Palhares. The knockout would have come eventually. Palhares had a really tough cut which makes the above poster even more right. Very stupid game planning by Pierce

6. Phrozenspite

Phrozenspite Black Belt

maybe not, but would you rather grapple with someone whose main strength is grappling, or take your chances striking

7. FlowWithTheGo23

FlowWithTheGo23 Black Belt

I totally agree. He didn't take Paulhares down...Toquinho pulled him to the ground.

8. MilesAbove

MilesAbove Gold Belt

Im not sure what you're confused about. He knew what he had to do to avoid the HH, and he walked into it. Dumb.

9. Omni**

Omni** Brown Belt

sorry but if keeping distance and striking isnt possible for Pierce, then he is not ufc caliber