please explain to a noob why ricardo arona has a wierd stance?

genki_sudo_man

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
why does he fight with his back and neck straight? it looks like he has a pole stuck up his butt?

He's sticking his chin out to bait people to throw hooks.
When they throw a hook, he either changes levels and shoots, or goes into clinch.

Soulfly said:
He's sticking his chin out to bait people to throw hooks.
When they throw a hook, he either changes levels and shoots, or goes into clinch.

yup

i thinks its a bait move like was said earlier but also i think it because hes a grappler and thinks a grapplers stance not a boxers stance.

I havent seen him fight but it is good bait. and probably better for posture. sounds more traditional than most people nowadays.

Look at it this way, if you're an elite athlete in the sport, and whatever you've been doing for the past several years works for you, then you might as well keep doing it.

I'm pretty sure he doesn't stick his chin out for bait. Guy mezger kicked him in the face and almost ko'd him because of the way he sticks his chin up. I think he does it because he's a grappler, and grapplers often have really, really bad standup.

Look at it this way, if you're an elite athlete in the sport, and whatever you've been doing for the past several years works for you, then you might as well keep doing it.

Yea, that chin out there is just asking to be destroyed.

I found the solution to the riddle... he works part time as floor cleaner for pride.

aronapole2rj.jpg

scorcho said:
Yea, that chin out there is just asking to be destroyed.
People have been saying that for years, yet he hasn't had it destroyed yet, and he fought Fedor and Silva among others.

When he did get KO (Rampage, Shogun), it wasn't because of chin sticking out. It was a slam and G'n'P.

So he must be doing something right.

Arona almost never trades punches, so he keeps his head up in a grappling position. It's dangerous as hell, because if you catch a punch like that it's lights out for sure.

Arona's striking is pretty much godawful except for his low kicks.

Evil Eye Gouger said:
His low kicks are world class, though.

yup, but he almost broke his shin because of them a few months ago according to some brazilian magazines

IMP said:
I found the solution to the riddle... he works part time as floor cleaner for pride.

aronapole2rj.jpg
LOLOLOLOLOL
Yes his low kicks are pretty good the way used it on Silva and Jackson.
I've seen Arona trade a few punches with Silva and wasn't hesitating.

Back