Please explain Jon Jones - Nick Diaz / Coco - Weed

taggermest

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Marijuana stays in your system an average of 30 days.

Cocaine 2-3 days max right?

How does Nick Diaz get suspended a year for smoking pot and JJ doesn't for snorting coke?

I genuinely am confused. Plz explain

Because money.

How do people not understand this.

Weed/Cocaine is illegal in-competition.
Weed/Cocaine is allowed out-of-competition.

Diaz' in-competition test showed Weed in his system.
Jones' out-of-competition test showed Coke in his system. Jones' in-competition test has not been released yet.

An Athletic Commission cannot punish Jones because he did not break any rules regarding drug use. Diaz did.

It's a crappy rule, but that's how it is.

Because White and the Fertitta brothers have a strange relation with honesty and integrity. I will never buy a UFC PPV again...

And the way they doing it "tell the story, eyes forward, don't answer any question."

Jones' out-of-competition test showed Coke in his system. Jones' in-competition test has not been released yet.

An Athletic Commission cannot punish Jones because he did not break any rules regarding drug use. Diaz did.

This.
Would be interesting to see the post fight test. If he tests positive for coke that would cause a shitstorm

When Nick Diaz fails a test, it's the post fight piss test. Regardless of When he smoked you can't fail that test.

Jones failed a random test a month before the fight. Because of that it's considered out of competition and the commission can't do anything about recreational drugs out of competition.

If the UFC had scruples they would suspend Jones considering they've suspended people for ALLEGATIONS of code of conduct violations. They won't however. They'd need a video of Jones going face first into a pile of snow with 4 witnesses, at least 1of them white, and Jones grandmother holding two forms of personal identification to even consider it.

Marijuana stays in your system an average of 30 days.

Cocaine 2-3 days max right?

How does Nick Diaz get suspended a year for smoking pot and JJ doesn't for snorting coke?

I genuinely am confused. Plz explain

B/c Bones is untouchable and loved by the Fertita clan.

10885065_10203507080904821_8244959670406352986_n.jpg

Plus a lot of those old failed weed tests were before the threshold for cannabinoids were raised to the new amount, which is 10 times higher than previously.

But weren't nicks result only a small amount of canniboids...of he had smoked 12 hours before the fight or even days before the fight it would have been a higher positive test right?

Diaz broke the rules Jones didn't... Thread

But weren't nicks result only a small amount of canniboids...of he had smoked 12 hours before the fight or even days before the fight it would have been a higher positive test right?

Yes. But the test only shows if you smoked, not when you smoked. As far as they were concerned a small amount from 3 weeks ago was the equivalent of getting blazed in the locker room before walking out. It was a dumb set of circumstances, but a positive was a positive, there wasn't any wiggle room (They have amended those rules now).

If Jones tests positive in his post-fight test [in-competition] for cocaine, he should receive the same punishment as Diaz.

I have never believe weed should be a NC. I honestly wouldn't give a fuck or think the other guy had an advantage if he smoked a blunt between rounds. Healy beat Miller as much as I hate that. Diaz beat Gomi. And so on. Weed is not advantageous in a fight. I'm a stoner btw.

I have never believe weed should be a NC. I honestly wouldn't give a fuck or think the other guy had an advantage if he smoked a blunt between rounds. Healy beat Miller as much as I hate that. Diaz beat Gomi. And so on. Weed is not advantageous in a fight. I'm a stoner btw.

How about playing video games? Stoned you better than sober you or no difference?

Seriously . This whole thing is absolutely retarded. Ass backwards rules etc

Conformists are the most dangerous group of people there are

Jon Jones = LWH GOAT
Nick Diaz = stoner in the midget division

Jon Jones = LWH GOAT
Nick Diaz = stoner in the midget division

Oh please Nick is an MMA legend and a huge draw like it or not history has already wrote itself. He's fighting the all time GOAT in a few days for gods sake. Nick is in high demand. Like it or not.

WW division is probably the most STACKED division in the UFC. You sir are a complete moron.

Oh please Nick is an MMA legend and a huge draw like it or not history has already wrote itself. He's fighting the all time GOAT in a few days for gods sake. Nick is in high demand. Like it or not.

WW division is probably the most STACKED division in the UFC. You sir are a complete moron.

Not the All Time Goat if you can get beat up by LHW and HWs and havee a huge hole in the grappling game. Jon GOAT Jones would ragdoll him

^^^^^^^^What is sad, is that people... Even after this Jon Jones Fiasco... Still don't realize that Nick Diaz was right (in asking for his suspension to be overturned). You see Diaz had metabolites in his system, but The Nevada Athletic Commission could never prove when it was in his system (because they conduct Urine test's, not blood tests)... Thus, his argument that he used those drugs in the out of competition drug phase... was valid (as pointed out in this video/40:24), since the NAC could not prove otherwise... [YT]yEKKGC6qoJw[/YT]

The Real answer to the TS Question.... Is that Nick Diaz's problem wasn't that he used marijuana in too close a proximity to the fight. Instead, it's that he's got the wrong drug of choice (Unlike Jon Jones)... NAC set up a flawed/arbitrary drug policy that persecuted Diaz... Its not a coincidence that they raised the thresholds for testing positive.... However, there policy still sucks.... And the UFC... proved that they are greedy as hell....For not using their code of conduct policies to at least delay the fight (since he was doing coke a month before the fight)...At the very least, they should have released the results...but they feared a backlash, so they sat on it....to cash in on a grudge match PPV... jaja, Dana is so predictable.

Dana-White-Photoshopped-As-Don-King.jpg

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nevada-athletic-commission-raises-threshold-152351772--mma.html

http://www.mmafighting.com/ufc/2012/2/10/2788311/ufc-nick-diaz-blame-commission-marijuana-thc-nevada-mma-news

Last edited:
Back