Please critique this heavy bag and stand

l33tor

White Belt
Reaction score
Hey, I am planning on buying my first heavy bag and unfortunately I can't hang it up so the 2nd best option is to buy a stand. To my surprise I found a pretty nice deal for $125 bucks (he said its 1 year old and cost $300) on an online site that I trust, where you exchange it in person with cash. Also it has a speed bag. Here are the pictures of it:

641666720.jpg

1209d8620.jpg

The bag is only 100lbs (and it has that tape on it), but I don't care much about that, I will probably buy a heavier bag in the future if I get this.

What I care more about is how the stand looks. Will it do its purpose? Is this a good brand? I like it that it doesn't take up much space. Any one have any experience with this type of stand?

Worth $125... yeah.

But... I'm not a fan of those type of bag stands. Ideally you're going to want something that you can move around to work on your footwork as well. And you might want to be careful with your kicks. I'd hate to see you crack your foot or shin on one of those metal bars.

If you have somewhere else to hang the bags, I'd say buy it, keep the bags, Macgyver a way to mount the speedbag, and sell the stand (highlight that century is the manufacturer, and that they make the ufc gloves, and that if you buy the stand then you too can become ufc superstar :D ).

I have that exact same stand. I got the stand on sale for $100.00. That's not including the heavy bag, speed bags, and weights. Yes you need weights to put on the bottom of the stand. If you don't, it'll move all over the place.

125 is a good price and I suggest you buy it.

Its a good price, but it looks like something that would develop a bad habit of not moving around much, also not recommended for kicking.

Back