Social Playing videogames vs Watching movies

My pick is

• Total voters
I do both at the same time. I let movies or podcast play on my phone while I'm playing video games. I turn the volume down on my video games.

I probably spend more hours playing video games than watching movies by like 100:1 ratio. I don't watch very many movies.

I prefer videogames.

With movies I often find myself drifting away, losing focus and doing thjngs on the side, if it's a movie I dont enjoy.

With videogames the participation level is more active at least.

I like both, but I find movies to be far more relaxing and ideal for a late night. I have to be in the right mindset/mood to play video games - which I find myself being on often if an engaging and immersive game is being played.

When I was a teenager, I would pick playing video game. Now, I am 33 years old, I find video games less excite than I was a teenager.

Movies, movies like any art can change a person , how they look at the world and interact with it.
I don’t think video games can do something like that maybe there are and I just haven’t played them, but that’s why I’d pick movies.
video games can absolutely change your life

my life is pre qbert and post qbert

I love both but the nice thing about movies is that I can eat, sherdog, or do whatever during a movie. I can't multitask during a game.

Great game > great movie > mediocre game > mediocre movie > bad movie > bad game

It depends on my mood and lately I'd rather watch a movie than play a game. But it changes and I'll be into games again.

The people that have the mindset that gaming is simplistic, don't really understand gaming imo. You can literally do and be anything. And there are plenty of strategic games that take analytical ability and reading to complete. So the people saying I'd read a book like that makes them superior, sorta pretentious point. Gaming does involve reading depending on the genre.

neither. it'd have to be a really good movie for me to watch the whole thing. video games? i just lost interest and quite frankly i don't have the time or patience to get good at them. im older now and i play online chess or online free play poker for entertainment when i can. that or i just watch YT clips.

Games. Especially since movies have mostly sucked this past decade.

Gaming, I hardly ever find myself watching movies these days but I find myself picking up the pad for a quick blast of Rocket League most days.

I can't choose. I like both. Have been watching/gaming since I have a memory. I like games with great story's or a open world that feels real. A lot of games nowadays are huge as far as the maps but they are just empty and nothing to do. I don't like online as much and that's where the trend is going too.

Movies are great too and after 2 hours or so your done with it. But I watch mostly older movies. Don't really keep up its mostly superheroes anyway which I never liked so don't watch too many new movies but if they are great you will hear about it and then I will watch it.

I can't stand movies right now, full of woke sh*t. I prefer gaming atm.

Back