Plant Va. Benavidez next year?

hqdefault-35-6-e1636726654641.jpg

Ouch.
Far less is being generous

That guy must have the touch of death power that Canelo the pillow fist could never hope to replicate.

Benavidez has been floored by far lesser punches than those, so no.
I don't expect a casual like you to understand the difference between a flash knock down off balance vs being dropped from being legitimately hurt.

Go check out Canela's latest interview btw. He plans a tune up fight for May then Bivol in Sept. Odd he does not choose David for a tune up huh? Thats another whole year of ducking Benavidez. Remember when I said he retires before he fights Benavidez?

I think even you are slowly starting to see the light.

I'm going to enjoy having the last laugh. Keep it up.

I don't expect a casual like you to understand the difference between a flash knock down off balance vs being dropped from being legitimately hurt.

Go check out Canela's latest interview btw. He plans a tune up fight for May then Bivol in Sept. Odd he does not choose David for a tune up huh? Thats another whole year of ducking Benavidez. Remember when I said he retires before he fights Benavidez?

I think even you are slowly starting to see the light.

I'm going to enjoy having the last laugh. Keep it up.
You are a weirdly delusional cat man lol. Benavidez is the one just now dipping his toe into relevant opponents and somehow Canelo fighting Bivol, again, is him ducking Benavidez. Meanwhile, Benavidez said no fucking way to his chance at fighting a top 175er.

Truly delusional. The best part of this is outside of your irrational fanboy nonsense, I like Benavidez and look forward to his fights.

Canelo is fighting next May and Benavidez is fighting Plant early next year. Early next year meaning that it could be as late as March. But you think Benavidez will somehow be ready for a fight with Canelo as little as 2 months later? SMH. His fight camp alone would take that long meaning Benavidez would have little to no rest after fighting Plant. Assuming he beats Plant he'd have to immediately go into a Canelo fight. Their schedules don't align. Canelo targeting a Bivol rematch afterward is commendable considering that he just lost to the guy. It's also a bigger fight not only for his legacy but financially. Bivol is a much tougher fight for Canelo stylistically than your hero Benavidez is and he's a better fighter. He's a legit P4Per while Benavidez doesn't even sniff the list. Ducking to fight a tougher test a weight class up lol. Delusional.

Canelo is fighting next May and Benavidez is fighting Plant early next year. Early next year meaning that it could be as late as March. But you think Benavidez will somehow be ready for a fight with Canelo as little as 2 months later? SMH. His fight camp alone would take that long meaning Benavidez would have little to no rest after fighting Plant. Assuming he beats Plant he'd have to immediately go into a Canelo fight. Their schedules don't align

Oh how considerate Canelo is for Davids schedule and fight camp. Strange he lacked such consideration vs Smith and Kovalev when he made them fight him on short notice hey? Do you really believe the crap you are peddling? You are defending a bum tune up fight? What was GGG? lol

Canelo targeting a Bivol rematch afterward is commendable considering that he just lost to the guy. It's also a bigger fight not only for his legacy but financially. Bivol is a much tougher fight for Canelo stylistically than your hero Benavidez is and he's a better fighter. He's a legit P4Per while Benavidez doesn't even sniff the list. Ducking to fight a tougher test a weight class up lol. Delusional

Nobody wants to see the Bivol rematch, it will be a boring fight (like the first). Everyone in boxing has been calling for the Benavidez for years, that would be the a huge box office fight for the undisputed 168. You call yourself a boxing fan yet defend Canelo holding the belts hostage for 2 years literally not defending them at all, pathetic. Bivol is a much safer fight than Benavidez. He won't stop him or even beat him up while vs David there is a big risk of getting stopped. That would kill Canelo's career and he knows it.

Oh how considerate Canelo is for Davids schedule and fight camp. Strange he lacked such consideration vs Smith and Kovalev when he made them fight him on short notice hey? Do you really believe the crap you are peddling? You are defending a bum tune up fight? What was GGG? lol

Nobody wants to see the Bivol rematch, it will be a boring fight (like the first). Everyone in boxing has been calling for the Benavidez for years, that would be the a huge box office fight for the undisputed 168. You call yourself a boxing fan yet defend Canelo holding the belts hostage for 2 years literally not defending them at all, pathetic. Bivol is a much safer fight than Benavidez. He won't stop him or even beat him up while vs David there is a big risk of getting stopped. That would kill Canelo's career and he knows it.
I'll remind you that Benavidez holds no title currently except for a worthless interim belt. Canelo has them all in full. He doesn't need to fight Benavidez to become undisputed because he already is. Like I told you before Benavidez brings little to the table. It'd be a high profile fight, sure, but it absolutely isn't a bigger fight than Canelo vs Bivol 2. We both know this. If you really think so then we can compare how each do in terms of PPV buys and purses. The pot is much larger for a Canelo-Bivol rematch. Most importantly the latter makes more sense for Canelo's legacy and career than fighting Benavidez. Avenging a loss that came when Canelo was universally recognized as the P4P king > fighting a criminally overrated and largely unproven Benavidez. I also expect Plant will give him a lot of issues and I wouldn't even be surprised if he beat him.

I'll remind you that Benavidez holds no title currently except for a worthless interim belt. Canelo has them all in full. He doesn't need to fight Benavidez to become undisputed because he already is. Like I told you before Benavidez brings little to the table

That song is getting very tired. Benavidez is ranked 1 in the division by rings and tbrb, and an undefeated 2 time wc, is interim champ and was mandated the fight by the WBC. Only a delusional idio would still be parroting the 'he has not earned it' while at the same time supporting a tune up fight.

Please tell me what the tune up opponent has done to earn the fight? And why is David not the tune up if he is so easy?

It'd be a high profile fight, sure, but it absolutely isn't a bigger fight than Canelo vs Bivol 2. We both know this. If you really think so then we can compare how each do in terms of PPV buys and purses. The pot is much larger for a Canelo-Bivol rematch

Benavidez has a much bigger fan base than Bivol. Is a much more exciting fighter, and it would be a new match up, so under no logic would Bivol 2 be bigger. Even most real boxing fans are not interested in the fight, because the 1st loss was so decisive , let alone casuals who never heard of Bivol before. If you think Bivol Canelo 2 does a bigger ppv and crowd than Benavidez Bivol you are even dumber than I imagined.

Most importantly the latter makes more sense for Canelo's legacy and career than fighting Benavidez. Avenging a loss that came when Canelo was universally recognized as the P4P king > fighting a criminally overrated and largely unproven Benavidez. I also expect Plant will give him a lot of issues and I wouldn't even be surprised if he beat him.

Ask yourself what it will do for his legacy if he never fights the most dangerous number 1 ranked fighter in his division that everyone has been calling for the last 2 years? He won't beat Bivol legitimately he just wants to get a robbery which almost happened the first time.

That song is getting very tired. Benavidez is ranked 1 in the division by rings and tbrb, and an undefeated 2 time wc, is interim champ and was mandated the fight by the WBC. Only a delusional idio would still be parroting the 'he has not earned it' while at the same time supporting a tune up fight.

Please tell me what the tune up opponent has done to earn the fight? And why is David not the tune up if he is so easy?

Benavidez has a much bigger fan base than Bivol. Is a much more exciting fighter, and it would be a new match up, so under no logic would Bivol 2 be bigger. Even most real boxing fans are not interested in the fight, because the 1st loss was so decisive , let alone casuals who never heard of Bivol before. If you think Bivol Canelo 2 does a bigger ppv and crowd than Benavidez Bivol you are even dumber than I imagined.

Ask yourself what it will do for his legacy if he never fights the most dangerous number 1 ranked fighter in his division that everyone has been calling for the last 2 years? He won't beat Bivol legitimately he just wants to get a robbery which almost happened the first time.
Benavidez is only rated #1 contender. Canelo is champion which is reflected in The Ring's ratings. So, no, Benavidez isn't the best guy in the division and that's what matters. I know that you don't really think that Canelo vs Benavidez is a bigger fight than Canelo vs Bivol 2. You're just pretending that it is in order to push a narrative. It won't do bigger numbers nor will it generate as much revenue. You're comparing a large arena fight to a stadium fight. There's a difference. Canelo vs Bivol 2 is arguably the biggest fight in boxing. It's a huge fight. It's not impossible for Canelo to beat Bivol with the right adjustments especially if they fight at SMW. Bivol has already said that he can make 168.

Benavidez is only rated #1 contender. Canelo is champion which is reflected in The Ring's ratings. So, no, Benavidez isn't the best guy in the division and that's what matters. I know that you don't really think that Canelo vs Benavidez is a bigger fight than Canelo vs Bivol 2. You're just pretending that it is in order to push a narrative. It won't do bigger numbers nor will it generate as much revenue. You're comparing a large arena fight to a stadium fight. There's a difference. Canelo vs Bivol 2 is arguably the biggest fight in boxing. It's a huge fight. It's not impossible for Canelo to beat Bivol with the right adjustments especially if they fight at SMW. Bivol has already said that he can make 168.

Who do you think has a bigger fan base. Benavidez or Bivol?
Who do you think fans in general would be more excited to see. Benavidez vs Canelo, or Bivol Canelo 2.

Think carefully before you answer.

Who do you think has a bigger fan base. Benavidez or Bivol?
Who do you think fans in general would be more excited to see. Benavidez vs Canelo, or Bivol Canelo 2.

Think carefully before you answer.
At this point I'd bet it's Bivol. He's likely to become Fighter of the Year here at the end of next month. Benavidez doesn't have some huge following. It's a fairly decent sized pool of deluded dorks like yourself but they're not all lining up to see the guy fight. Reason being, he's yet to fight anyone of note. Thanks to Plant that will change. You think excitement is the only way to sell tickets and do big PPV buys? It's about the match-up more than anything. Fans are genuinely curious to see if Canelo can manage to avenge his loss to Bivol. That's the intrigue behind it. Benavidez doesn't offer that same intrigue. He merely offers an entertaining scrap but you can find that elsewhere. Canelo vs Benavidez is a big fight, Canelo vs Bivol 2 is an even bigger fight. This isn't too terribly difficult to understand.

At this point I'd bet it's Bivol

Oh so you are actually dumber than I thought you were, which is an achievement in itself.

You think excitement is the only way to sell tickets and do big PPV buys?

Yep.

It's about the match-up more than anything. Fans are genuinely curious to see if Canelo can manage to avenge his loss to Bivol. That's the intrigue behind it

There is no intrigue in a rematch after a decisive and boring loss. Anyone with a brain knows the same thing will happen again.

Benavidez doesn't offer that same intrigue. He merely offers an entertaining scrap but you can find that elsewhere.

You mean a classic Mexican scrap which is what boxing fans historically love and what excites the boxing world like no other? When was Canelo's last entertaining scrap? I will help you out. 7 years ago vs Kirkland lol. Canelo does not like to scrap he likes safe fights. You still have not worked it out? lol.

Oh so you are actually dumber than I thought you were, which is an achievement in itself.

Yep.

There is no intrigue in a rematch after a decisive and boring loss. Anyone with a brain knows the same thing will happen again.

You mean a classic Mexican scrap which is what boxing fans historically love and what excites the boxing world like no other? When was Canelo's last entertaining scrap? I will help you out. 7 years ago vs Kirkland lol. Canelo does not like to scrap he likes safe fights. You still have not worked it out? lol.
Bivol-Benavidez-Comparison.png

Google Trends direct comparison (web search analytics)

Bivol is in the blue. See those spikes? When he fights it's a big deal. When Benavidez fights literally nobody cares—except you. It doesn't even move the needle. Barely even registers. Bivol also has almost double the amount of followers on Twitter that Benavidez has. No surprise.

Back