Pit Bulls are a menace to society...

Current Pit owners can keep their dogs but they have to be neutered.Make it illegal to breed and sell pups.This breed needs to be weaned out.So many children/people have died because of them.

I love dogs, but in my opinion pits should be castrated and banned (not by putting them down but rather forbidding commerce of the breed). We all know the owners are the ones at fault, ALWAYS, but unfortunately you just can't count on them taking the proper precautions and these are not exactly miniature schnauzers we're talking about.

And no offense but I have to agree with the guy above, they're often owned by D-bags who just want the dog so they can pose as badasses.

Well this is an exception. What other pit bull has saved it's owners and 5 other dogs?

Hang around Mayberry. Such stories about awesome APBTs are posted now and then.

Good story.

I love dogs, but in my opinion pits should be castrated and banned (not by putting them down but rather forbidding commerce of the breed). We all know the owners are the ones at fault, ALWAYS, but unfortunately you just can't count on them taking the proper precautions and these are not exactly miniature schnauzers we're talking about.

And no offense but I have to agree with the guy above, they're often owned by D-bags who just want the dog so they can pose as badasses.

Ok, lets try this.

Define a pitbull so you know what dogs to ban

What do you do when the Dbag former pitbull owners start owning/misusing presas or bullmastifs?

I don't care for dogs. That said I don't see any problems with pit bulls or any other large breeds. The simple solution to the problem is to attach some prison time to these dog owners who do not have control of their animals. Your dog hurts somebody... enjoy your assault charges.

Pitbulls are bred to fight. Thats what the breed is meant to do, some dogs are bred to herd sheep some are bred to be gun dogs, pitbulls are bred to fight.

Some may have a nice owner and not attacked any one/thing yet but it wont take alot.

I dont think these dogs are necassarily more likely to attack than other dogs the point is that when they do they fuck people up.

We should ban SUVs. I mean, they're not more likely to crash, but when they do they fuck people up.

:rolleyes:

Current Pit owners can keep their dogs but they have to be neutered.Make it illegal to breed and sell pups.This breed needs to be weaned out.So many children/people have died because of them.

I bet you couldn't tell an APBT from a Presa Canario from a Staffy. Is this an APBT?

452px-12_year_old_AmStaff.jpg

or this?

Ca-De-Bou.jpg

or this?

tumblr_mcdwx0P1Gq1rns7qvo1_500.jpg

they're dangerous animals, often owned by douchebags
As someone who is not a douchebag, and has owned pits all my life, you are woefully misinformed. From the age of 5, i've had pits who were my best friends. I'm not buying this "they're dangerous" shit.

Your gross generalizations also make you look like a dumbass.

Punish the dog for the idiocy of the owner. Smart. Sorry buddy, you don't really love dogs. If you did, you would know that even Pits who have been immersed in fighting (Say, Mike Vick's dogs) have been rehabilitated and now live loving family lives.

ht_vicks_dogs_mi_121109_wblog.jpg

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headlines/2012/11/five-years-rescued-vick-dogs-reunite/

These dogs actually WERE fighters, and are now family pets. The breed is not dangerous, and some of you are dumb for even insinuating that. I can take a sample of 100 murders by men and reliably say that 100% of murders in the sample were committed by men. Sample bias paints misleading pictures when used for an agenda.

Last edited:
A dog is only how its owner makes its deception.. i had a chihuahua named baby

We should ban SUVs. I mean, they're not more likely to crash, but when they do they fuck people up.

:rolleyes:

I bet you couldn't tell an APBT from a Presa Canario from a Staffy. Is this an APBT?

452px-12_year_old_AmStaff.jpg

or this?

Ca-De-Bou.jpg

or this?

tumblr_mcdwx0P1Gq1rns7qvo1_500.jpg

As someone who is not a douchebag, and has owned pits all my life, you are woefully misinformed. From the age of 5, i've had pits who were my best friends. I'm not buying this "they're dangerous" shit.

Your gross generalizations also make you look like a dumbass.

Punish the dog for the idiocy of the owner. Smart. Sorry buddy, you don't really love dogs. If you did, you would know that even Pits who have been immersed in fighting (Say, Mike Vick's dogs) have been rehabilitated and now live loving family lives.

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headlines/2012/11/five-years-rescued-vick-dogs-reunite/

These dogs actually WERE fighters, and are now family pets. The breed is not dangerous, and some of you are dumb for even insinuating that. I can take a sample of 100 murders by men and reliably say that 100% of murders in the sample were committed by men. Sample bias paints misleading pictures when used for an agenda.

google 'pitbull attacks' and look at the pics. kill them with fire.

also, you're proving me right about the owners of those things.

google 'pitbull attacks' and look at the pics. kill them with fire.

also, you're proving me right about the owners of those things.

Google "Car Wrecks" and look at the pics, ban all cars.

Google "MMA cuts" and look at the pics, ban the sport

Google "Knife wounds" and look at the pics, ban all guns

Seeing how stupid you sound yet? Gross generalizations and lack of analytic thought betray your simple minded thinking processes.

And proving you right? LOL, that makes sense. Go get educated son.

because accidents with tools and vehicles are comparable to having around a fucking animal that acts on instinct and can bite your face off if it wants. enjoy your monsters 'son'.

because accidents with tools and vehicles are comparable to having around a fucking animal that acts on instinct and can bite your face off if it wants. enjoy your monsters 'son'.

Assumption 1: The animal in invariably susceptible to instinctual urges.
Assumption 2: The chance of getting attacked by a Pit Bull are higher than those of getting into an accident (They are not).
Assumption 3: Instinctual urges are unavoidable, and as a result, the dog WILL attack eventually. ("Monsters")

Three fallacious assumptions, three more reasons why you're stupid. I say again, get educated son. They are VERY comparable, and you're actually safer socializing your dog than you are driving a car. Don't forget that car accidents can occur because of your neglect or the neglect of others. There is an element of control that is lost when discussing dog attacks and car accidents, and I don't see anyone talking about banning cars.

the pitbull set the fire. Bloodthristy killing machines and now add arsonists to the list... Worse then flying sharks.

are there more people on people attacks or pitbull on people attacks??...

new rule: all humans must be put down.

They just need to be bred different for a couple dozen generations.

Ok, lets try this.

Define a pitbull so you know what dogs to ban

What do you do when the Dbag former pitbull owners start owning/misusing presas or bullmastifs?

I'm not familiar with those breeds but if they're anything like pits in power and relentlessness of their attacks, the same should apply.

As you wish. I stand by my statement - and yes I do love dogs.

First of all, they're not being "punished" - only their breeding and commercialization would be forbidden. And you said it yourself. Rehabilitated. It means they were at one point aggressive and a danger to humans as well as to other dogs.

Now, I'm not saying I'm against rehabilitation, as I agree that their behavioral issues come from being owned primarily by d-bags, I just think pits are potentially too dangerous because of their sheer physical power and, as stated above, the relentlessness of their attacks. We can't afford to wait till someone gets killed (again) to take action.

You can come up with whatever meaningless statistics you like, we'll just have to agree to disagree on this.

Back