Piers Morgan absolutely besmirches Millennial SJW's

Here’s the cold, hard data: The incidence of narcissistic personality disorder is nearly three times as high for people in their 20s as for the generation that’s now 65 or older, according to the National Institutes of Health; 58% more college students scored higher on a narcissism scale in 2009 than in 1982. Millennials got so many participation trophies growing up that a recent study showed that 40% believe they should be promoted every two years, regardless of performance. They are fame-obsessed: three times as many middle school girls want to grow up to be a personal assistant to a famous person as want to be a Senator, according to a 2007 survey; four times as many would pick the assistant job over CEO of a major corporation. They’re so convinced of their own greatness that the National Study of Youth and Religion found the guiding morality of 60% of millennials in any situation is that they’ll just be able to feel what’s right. Their development is stunted: more people ages 18 to 29 live with their parents than with a spouse, according to the 2012 Clark University Poll of Emerging Adults. And they are lazy. In 1992, the nonprofit Families and Work Institute reported that 80% of people under 23 wanted to one day have a job with greater responsibility; 10 years later, only 60% did.
http://time.com/247/millennials-the-me-me-me-generation/
That doesn't really help answer the question.

BREAKING NEWS: Older generation thinks badly of younger generation; believes their values and opinions were better then now.

Yeah... I remember the early 1990's when Boomers were saying that Gen X'ers were a bunch of lazy, entitled cry babies.

bart-simpson-not-impressed.gif

The people saying this is the classic rift between old geezers and the next generation are missing it by a mile.

I'm 30(~ish) and people 4 years younger than me are unrecognizable. Cultural shifts are coming in faster waves because of the oversaturation of media and the new ability (and addiction) to being connected and part of any and every conversation that is being had.

Digital Natives are new, they literally didn't exist before and they are a completly different kind of people. Their brains function differently, they access and utilize information differently than any previous generation. They are different from the people that came before them by a wider margin than most of the people born in probably the last 50 years.

It's not the end of the world, but when the millenials begin to age and fill positions of influence shit is going to get wierd. You think PC culture is bad now? LOL. However, once their children begin to assume those roles, the west might truly be fucked beyond repair.

BREAKING NEWS: Older generation thinks badly of younger generation; believes their values and opinions were better then now.

Also, Morgan criticizing people for being whiny is hilarious

Exactly. I'm pretty sure people have been saying this for literally millennia.

But aside from opinions and values, there are quantifiable, tangible ways to compare today's youth to previous ones. And they're doing way better than when we were young.

Today’s teens
watch television
less than you did

http://www.vox.com/a/teens

I was born in 1979 so I was never sure if I was a very young Gen X or a very old Millennial. Now, after seeing the behavior of these idiot progressive people under 30, I proudly identify as Gen X.
I was born in 1987 and we used to be called something I can't remember. Then Millennials took us over :[. That's bullshit though! I grew up in a time when you had to go to your friends house and knock on the door to see if he could come out. Maybe even see his hot sister if you got lucky. A time when you called your crush, you had a 95% chance of her dad answering the house phone.... yikes! Help me think of more lol

Yeah... I remember the early 1990's when Boomers were saying that Gen X'ers were a bunch of lazy, entitled cry babies.

bart-simpson-not-impressed.gif
And they were right at the time. The pendulum swing keeps getting weaker to the right though.

The people saying this is the classic rift between old geezers and the next generation are missing it by a mile.

I'm 30(~ish) and people 4 years younger than me are unrecognizable. Cultural shifts are coming in faster waves because of the oversaturation of media and the new ability (and addiction) to being connected and part of any and every conversation that is being had.

Digital Natives are new, they literally didn't exist before and they are a completly different kind of people. Their brains function differently, they access and utilize information differently than any previous generation. They are different from the people that came before them by a wider margin than most of the people born in probably the last 50 years.

It's not the end of the world, but when the millenials begin to age and fill positions of influence shit is going to get wierd. You think PC culture is bad now? LOL. However, once their children begin to assume those roles, the west might truly be fucked beyond repair.
Agreed. Underrated post. I'm mid 30s. And I don't trust a soul under 30 to save my life.

Frankly I'm impressed with some (few) of the post(s) in this thread. I would say that this trend with millennials and subsequent generations would make me worry...but Divine Providence has a way of placing a banquet for us before the presence of our enemies, so I don't worry. ;)

Pretty funny to see that Piers Morgan gets more respect from the right these days when just a few years ago he was a punching bag for the right wing pro gun crowd because of his anti gun stance.

And they were right at the time. The pendulum swing keeps getting weaker to the right though.

In their own minds they were right. Sure.

But we're talking about objective reality based on some type of objective metric. Not just generational bigotry.

Pretty funny to see that Piers Morgan gets more respect from the right these days when just a few years ago he was a punching bag for the right wing pro gun crowd because of his anti gun stance.

Its wasn't his anti gun stance itself that was the issue. It was that he was using every tragedy to push it. It was like he was happy and celebrating that people died just so he can his anti gun agenda. Though in fairness to him he wasn't the only Leftist like that.

I was born in 1987 and we used to be called something I can't remember. Then Millennials took us over :[. That's bullshit though! I grew up in a time when you had to go to your friends house and knock on the door to see if he could come out. Maybe even see his hot sister if you got lucky. A time when you called your crush, you had a 95% chance of her dad answering the house phone.... yikes! Help me think of more lol

You're actually a prime Millennial based on your age.

Agreed. Underrated post. I'm mid 30s. And I don't trust a soul under 30 to save my life.

Frankly I'm impressed with some (few) of the post(s) in this thread. I would say that this trend with millennials and subsequent generations would make me worry...but Divine Providence has a way of placing a banquet for us before the presence of our enemies, so I don't worry. ;)

That last sentence is quote worthy, poetic even.

The Millennial grouping is very odd because it includes people born in 83, 84, 85, who tend to have more in common with those born in the late 70s and early 80s. They didn't have cell phones until college and PC wasn't an actual thing until after they graduated, if they even went to school.

I think the generation started to shift for individuals born after the 80s.

Exactly. I'm pretty sure people have been saying this for literally millennia.

But aside from opinions and values, there are quantifiable, tangible ways to compare today's youth to previous ones. And they're doing way better than when we were young.

Today’s teens
watch television
less than you did

http://www.vox.com/a/teens

That headline misses the point.

I have a ton of nephews and nieces now mid 20's and under and they simply CANNOT watch tv. It is too slow and not entertaining enough and it is no exaggeration to say that even if they are watching a tv show they are actually looking at and using their phone/pad more at the same time to up the stimulation level.

Digital natives? @Big_Chief_Stove ?

It's just the ongoing "kid's today!" cycle. It's as old as time.

people who have lived through a couple generation of kids, like older teachers swear it's getting worse by the year.

I also wonder what the violence against teachers stats look like, there was a pretty rough patch in the late 70's and early to mid 80's. Think Lean on me. Chain the doors.

if you're gonna kill yourself do it expeditiously, now go ahead and jump!

Back