Picture of Norwegian mass murderers “prison cell” in Oslo

"The world itself is but a large prison, out of which some are daily led for execution"

-Sir Walter Raleigh

i don't see any reason why we shouldn't at least switch to a Rehab rather than punishment model

we already spend mad loot anyhow considering our for profit private prisons, pensions for corrections, etc...

so why not actually try to deter criminals, fix them if need be, and not automatically negate a huge swath of people from getting decent work, or voting, kids to not have a dad, etc...

i mean it can't be worse than it is now, right?

We don’t have a punishment model.

We have degenerate babysitting.

FTR, career criminals don’t “get decent work”, vote, or be fathers.

Ffs, have any of you actually met a criminal? I can’t say I’ve ever known one to reform. The get out, go right back to the same shit, and go right back to jail.

This is Europe my friends. Human rights always come first.

So you just pulled a number out of your ass and went with it.

Is that why a universal HC system wont work here also?

It's based on the number of citizens in the countries/regions that boast the highest standards of living as well as the best income equality. Sweden, Denmark, Norway, Finland, etc. It gets sketchier in countries like Canada or Australia which still struggle to afford a comparable living standard to some minorities, although they're getting better at handling such problems, as the possibilities to run a more expanded and well-balanced bureaucracy increase through technology.

Running a 300 million country and being able to offer equal standards of living across the board? Forget about it. That's beyond our current capabilities. You'd have to address entrenched cultural differences, and that will require decades of education. And a part of that entrenched mentality is resistance to education, both on the part of the religious "fundamentalists" as well as the people who live in inner cities.

A universal HC system won't work in America, unless it's tweaked to fit the particular needs of each state. America, in general, needs more state sovereignty and less federal policy. The Californians should have what they want, and the Texans should have what they want. If health care is found to be effective in some places, the rest will come on board soon enough, or risk having the state's citizens moving to areas that boast a higher living standard. You could handle it the same way that "pot legalization" has been handled. Set a precedent which others can follow, once the statistics indicate positive results.

Last edited:
We don’t have a punishment model.

We have degenerate babysitting.

FTR, career criminals don’t “get decent work”, vote, or be fathers.

Ffs, have any of you actually met a criminal? I can’t say I’ve ever known one to reform. The get out, go right back to the same shit, and go right back to jail.
uh no shit, that's why I mentioned get decent work, vote or be a dad b/c they aren't doing that now

Why do you think recidivism rates are so high?

Because you can’t fix shitty people.
perhaps, certainly specific types of people (i.e. sex offenders) i'm doubting can be fully rehabilitated

but like drug offenders?
they are all inherently 'shitty' people? b/c that's a staggering percentage of our prison population

perhaps, certainly specific types of people (i.e. sex offenders) i'm doubting can be fully rehabilitated

but like drug offenders?
they are all inherently 'shitty' people? b/c that's a staggering percentage of our prison population

Like I first started, I’m fine with severe punishment only going to violent criminals.

However, let’s not pretend the majority of people in prison for drugs, ever come out to be productive members of society. They get out and go right back to drugs.

Varg Vikernes argues Norwegian prisons are more horrific to be imprisoned in because there is less social interaction than in traditional Western prisons. The added furniture you see in these prisons that most would see as a luxury he says actually is there so that the inmate can take care of themselves more whereas in traditional prisons showering for example would require social interaction.

Back