• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Pick one fighter from any weight class to beat Jones.

Mighty Mouse...Riding on Conor's shoulders.

I'd go with a HW that trains with him like Browne or Reem or AA.

It has to be a guy his size or bigger. No one smaller than Jones will ever beat him, guaranteed.

Also, they need a gameplan or they are getting taken down or choked out. Thats why a fighter from Jacksons would be best.

The correct answer is Stipe. Stipe has the wrestling to keep it standing for the majority of the fight. And on the feet, he has the two attributes that Jones struggles with most: length and boxing. I have no doubt that Stipe would obliterate Jones inside two rounds.

There are a couple other HWs I'd favor over Jones, but Stipe would be the biggest favorite.

I hate Jon Jones and want him to lose (preferably numerous times) before he calls it quits. So, I thought about this for a couple minutes and thought, if I were UFC matchmaker, who would I put in there that would have the best chance to win?

I admit, I almost thought I was stumped; but then it came to me - it's not a guy who I'm a big fan of necessarily..

Werdum

I'm absolutely convinced he could and should win that fight. I don't think he's at a disadvantage anywhere.

* GOAT level bjj. Nullifies wrestling and even makes it a liability for Jones.
* Excellent long range striking. This is essential and a reason why I'd take him over someone like Mir.
* Has dethroned legends on long winning streaks before.
* Has demonstrated a good acumen for "fight IQ" and gameplanning minus a bad lapse in judgement vs Miocic.
* only weakness appears to be against really powerful elite HW strikers.

So there it is. My pick for fighter most likely to beat Jones. Who's yours?

Class "A" fighter - Cocaine.

TS, although Jones is probably the greatest mixed martial artist we’ve ever seen his veil of invincibility has been removed. There are certainly a number of heavy weights that could beat him on any given day. And not just by fluke but by legitimate stoppage submission whatever.

They really has never been an unbeatable fighter. Except maybe for sage Northcutt

Any top elite HW and Struve

At LHW nobody except maybe Gust if Jones is clean. Maybe Gust would of won that fight clearly if jones not on the jucie. maybe cormier too hard say.

Well , Jones cuts to LHW to avoid HW - So just about any HW - So I'll pick Ben Rothwell since no one else has .

Any top elite HW and Struve

At LHW nobody except maybe Gust if Jones is clean. Maybe Gust would of won that fight clearly if jones not on the jucie. maybe cormier too hard say.

gus beats PED jones. first fight was very close.

I dislike Jones too, wouldnt call it hate.

He would already have losses on his record if he ever fought. Hes spent years out.

All the bullshit has allowed him to reign forever lol. I quit hating. Hes too good of a troll and crimnal

Jon Jones is a phenom. A black belt in BJJ isn't enough to convince me someone "should" beat him. Jones would alter his approach to suit the opponent. Hater thread.

A healthy Sea Level Cain is the only person I could see beating Jones at any point of his career. Jones = GOAT

Stefan Struve

Size, reach, great submissions and boxing

2cdiete_large.jpg
His boxing is not great. Dude has been KOd standing every time ive seen him fight..

gus beats PED jones. first fight was very close.

yeah if Gust was and is clean then you right. He did so fucking good, PED use could easily allow you to push stronger and harder in a fight and increased testosterone levels and healing etc would help in training and in fight time.

Some of the HW he can't impose his will on. Look i'm a huge JJ fan but weight classes exist for a reason. The supposed GOAT right now MM would be lucky to stay in top 5 at BW for example. Those HW would eat Jones shot like candy and not be thrown around by him. I'd favor most of the top 5s over Jones.

Back