• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Phils Davis vs Vinny Magalhaes

Davis is gonna win.

I don't know why they set this fight up, Davis is too high up the ladder for Vinny.

oh shit that would be a great fight, I would be rooting for Vinny

Phil all the way. Vinny's last win was impressive but Phil is a bad match up for him imo...

Stand-up is 50/50, but if Phil tries to wrestle it's a short night for him. Vinny will EASILY dominate him on the ground.

Phil via being able to dictate where the fight takes place and edging out the striking.

I just hope 95% of this fight happens on that mat. Not some sloppy kickboxing match. That's my only hope.

Damn it, I accidentally voted for Vinny. Davis by a mile. I don't get how this poll is so close.

I'm surprised Vinny hasn't shown up in this thread yet. I want Vinny to win this fight, but I'm taking Phil. Vinny should have gotten a slower build up, but I guess you've got to play the hand you're given.

It's great match-up for him actually.

Not at all. Davis has the striking advantage and also will fair well on the ground. He has great wrestling and so far he has shown he is no longer just a wrestler but an all around grappler with submission skills.

But Vinny is BJJ blah blah blah. Sure, he has a ground game and a good one. The difference is Davis will be able to control him from top, defend submissions and GnP or advance position.

Stylistically, this should be a win for Vinny. Vinny is leagues better on the ground and he's seemingly more well-rounded on the feet too.

If Phil tries to keep it standing, which I imagine he will, he'll find himself extremely limited against Vinny's diverse attack. Vinny will mix in punches, kicks, trips, clinches, and takedown attempts, whereas, Phil will be limited to his already limited boxing. Davis has some kicks in his arsenal but they're slow and mostly front kicks; both leave him open to being taken down, relatively easily.

If Davis does go for the takedown, he's getting submitted... Vinny sweeps, chokes, or armbars him the second the fight hits the mat. Vinny may even hit a flying armbar like he did against Weidman or just pull guard.

Then again... if the fight makes it to the third and Vinny is huffing and puffing... I take back this post.

Come on guys. Vinny even lost to George Bush in his second fight. How do you think he can handle Davis? :D

Stylistically, this should be a win for Vinny. Vinny is leagues better on the ground and he's seemingly more well-rounded on the feet too.

If Phil tries to keep it standing, which I imagine he will, he'll find himself extremely limited against Vinny's diverse attack. Vinny will mix in punches, kicks, trips, clinches, and takedown attempts, whereas, Phil will be limited to his already limited boxing. Davis has some kicks in his arsenal but they're slow and mostly front kicks; both leave him open to being taken down, relatively easily.

If Davis does go for the takedown, he's getting submitted... Vinny sweeps, chokes, or armbars him the second the fight hits the mat. Vinny may even hit a flying armbar like he did against Weidman or just pull guard.

Then again... if the fight makes it to the third and Vinny is huffing and puffing... I take back this post.

Oh okay... Davis is the one vulnerable to be taken down. :rolleyes:

Oh okay... Davis is the one vulnerable to be taken down. :rolleyes:

Of course, anyone is... especially when throwing kicks. Vinny is the only one who can threaten with a takedown in this fight though. Davis can go for a takedown, sure, but it's not really a threat.

Probably ends up being a boring, 3round half-arsed K1 fight.

Sucks for Vinny, I was hoping they'd bring him along slowly coz if he goes 1-3 in the UFC, he might get cut again which would be shit.

Back