Phil Davis

Shaddows

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
Does anyone knows if he spoke about his loss to AJ?
I am curious to hear what he has to say about it, after all the trash talk and looking over AJ...

But I heard nothing since the fight ended... Did I miss anything?
Anyone knows?

Hopefully he regroups and comes back with another gameplan.

Probably crying himself to sleep at night. He looked past rumble and paid the price.

Think he is still waiting for Jones to pull out of the Glover fight.

He was humbled and likely won't be doing interviews for awhile. The guy should bounce back. I hope he eventually can improve his striking. It's the biggest thing holding him back. Not that his striking is awful. It just needs improvement

yeah he said on twitter -sorry guys after his loss.
Phil's striking has improved but is average at best w/ NO power. He also does NOT set up his wrestling shots.
Phil's growth is developing at a Snail's pace. If he fought Alex today, who do you guys think would win? LOL

Had high, high hopes for Phil Davis. He came on the scene and used his wrestling skills, natural athleticism, and body type to win some fights. I thought the UFC was letting him develop and keeping him under that radar for the last couple years.

What a disappointment...AJ is no slouch, but Davis got embarrassed in that fight. Doubly so, since he was so vocal leading up to the fight.

He can definitely improve his overall game especially his striking.It's up to him though.

I am pretty sure he is upset that Rumble had to resort to volume punching, and is waiting to call him out on it.

Remember when he looked like a fan who got turned down by jones when he tried to do the squaring arms up pose and jones shut him down like a computer, lol that drained his soul which led to the soulless mollywhopping administered by Rumblestilskin

"Looking Past" is an excuse for "worried about losing"

Better man won, that's it.

Phil Davis is the LHW Bisping.
All talk, but he can't get near dat title shot.

Shame, because I really like Bisping a hell of a lot.

Davis is just so unexplosive, I think it's hard for him to get an opponent's respect during a fight. In his last fight, there was just nothing he could throw that Rumble couldn't walk through like a curtain.

I think Phil really needs to try to develop a stifling Jake Shields-esque grinding game where he just sticks to you like glue and you don't want him to get anywhere near you.

He recently threw out a the first pitch at a Pittsburgh Pirates game. So I doubt hes dwelling on that lost much. I see being back in the title mix with 1-2 solid wins

He needs to forget that standing up is even an option and focus on grappling... Which is difficult because his great wrestling doesn't translate over to MMA very well.

His striking will never be anything close to above average, he needs to just use it to set up TD's and then work on subs.
He can be an exciting fighter when he is going for subs like he did before the Shad fight.
(example)
ufc112-4.jpg

Back