• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Media PFL's Donn Davis talks about UFC trying to turn "Sugar Shane" into next McGregor, PFL matchmaking

They need to never let this guy get near a camera again and hire someone good to do this job instead.

Fucking Francis could do this better.

Because of Sean O'Malley's boring personality, I don't think he'll ever reach McGregor's level of fame. He's got pretty much everything, the fighting style, "the look" that kids seem to gravitate toward, but then when you put a mic in front of him, he's extremely bland. It's like there's no substance to anything he says or does. That's why his PPVs don't sell.

"In the sport season format, we are not in control"

The bullshit is strong.

He ain't lying, and if being unlikable mattered nobody would know who dana white is.

this massive simping for conor is getting so tiresome. is it really that unfathomable to be yourself that you want to be next whiney cokeheaded irishmen of mma.

I actually agree with what he's saying. He's not wrong. O'Malley got gifted a robbery win and gifted a title shot and gifted an easy title defense. I like PFL's format. Shills gonna shill
If you wanna talk about favorable matchmaking you should be taking a look at any PFL card since its inception, lmao.

If you wanna talk about favorable matchmaking you should be taking a look at any PFL card since its inception, lmao.
You can’t really compare the UFC and the PFL. The matchmaking in PFL will always be strange because of how polar the roster is. Same with Bellator. It’s either an unproven prospect, a fighter that couldn’t make it in the UFC or an old UFC fighter that’s about to retire.

I remember when their prized signing who they were paying nearly $1 million a fight (Anthony Pettis) fought a guy without a Wikipedia page. Then their other prized signing (Jeremy Stephens) fought that guy as well lmao.

as Marcel said on that twitter post its out of PFL's hands as they continue to favor fighters giving Dakota a girl coming off a loss or giving Loughnane favorable fights.

If they had totally random open drawings for those first two fights then cool you could tout its completely fair and out of our hands but they make matches to get outcomes they want.

Back