• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Media PFL's Donn Davis jabs Kayla Harrison over signing with the UFC

Yikes. Get better at promoting. Guy sounds like a complete fuckin muppet.

Going from PFL to UFC needs no explanation whatsoever.

DUH she should have gone.

I love PFL but the UFC is the largest and most popular MMA organization in the world, and ufc champions are recognized as the best fighters in their respective weight classes, whether we like it or not, that's how it's perceived by most people and ranking systems.

I love PFL but the UFC is the largest and most popular MMA organization in the world, and ufc champions are recognized as the best fighters in their respective weight classes, whether we like it or not, that's how it's perceived by most people and ranking systems.
Kayla Lesnar quadrupled in popularity with that fight with Holm

I'll echo what a lot of folks have said: As a fan, I was really excited about the PFL and Bellator merger. Combining their rosters could've made for some awesome events, but the result has been pretty confusing. There are still separate Bellator and PFL shows and tournaments. Everything should be under one banner. The merger is still new and it's been less than a year, but they've definitely stumbled out of the gate.

Plus, a lot of fighters have been vocal about negotiation issues. It's like the organization is being run like a Silicon Valley startup. They just got a ton of investment, so now they need to start showing numbers to a board of people who don't understand the sport and just want to cut costs and increase profits at all costs.

I'll echo what a lot of folks have said: As a fan, I was really excited about the PFL and Bellator merger. Combining their rosters could've made for some awesome events, but the result has been pretty confusing. There are still separate Bellator and PFL shows and tournaments. Everything should be under one banner. The merger is still new and it's been less than a year, but they've definitely stumbled out of the gate.

Plus, a lot of fighters have been vocal about negotiation issues. It's like the organization is being run like a Silicon Valley startup. They just got a ton of investment, so now they need to start showing numbers to a board of people who don't understand the sport and just want to cut costs and increase profits at all costs.
thats because when they did champ vs champ the PFL fighters got smoked by the Bellator fighters.

Geeze.

She signed the contract...

She made the fucking weight, much to my surprise.

She performed very well against Holm, who has the best fence grappling in the Female UFC ranks and got the finish.

I'm sure ready to see her fight again.

Harrison made the move "good" by doing exactly what everyone said she couldn't.

Hard to dislike or throw shade on that.

These promoters need to understand that once a fighter is financially secured, they want acolytes, specially an olympic competitor like Kayla, even the young fighters that are now saying I signed with PFL because they made the bigger offer, will stay here as long as the pay is good etc, will start to get the inch to prove they are the best once they stop worrying about money.

Pennington is goan get stomped

You don’t actually get $1 million for winning a PFL tournament. Well you do I guess but it’s a total of all your fights in the tournament so you don’t get $1 million on top of all your other fight purses.
I know, the last like 2 fight purses are part of the million prize if they win, but my point is that at this point she will fight for cheap there, specially if she loses when compared with the UFC pay she will eventually get, and she already lost a final once.

Good news for Donn.

Apparently Gegard Mousasi is now a free agent.

He should swoop for him immediately!

You don’t actually get $1 million for winning a PFL tournament. Well you do I guess but it’s a total of all your fights in the tournament so you don’t get $1 million on top of all your other fight purses.

That is not true. If you win the tournament the semi-final fight purse counts towards the 1 million but the previous fights do not.

Donn Davis is a moron who proves it every time he decides to open his pie hole.
I mean, they did spoon feed that wildebeest an entire roster of soccer moms and underweight retirees for the last 4 years making her a multimillionaire while tenaciously pumping her up as a superstar.

I would be bitter if I were him too.

But on the flip side she cut the weight and now wants to see if she can be the best in the world so that's more than understandable.

She definitely had a <10% ROI in the pfl.

That is not true. If you win the tournament the semi-final fight purse counts towards the 1 million but the previous fights do not.

So two fights still count towards the $1 million. So it’s still bogus and deceitful.

So two fights still count towards the $1 million. So it’s still bogus and deceitful.
Point is you lied and it's very far off from what you claimed. It's also a helluva lot more than those fighters would make in the UFC.

Back