PFL NYE Finale Viewership Is Claimed To Be 5 Million Worldwide

Bobby Boulders

My Lovin' Is Digi
Platinum Member
Reaction score
Read the article here.

For the 2018 Championship, the PFL saw a record-setting number of fans tune-in with over 5 million fans watching in the U.S. on NBCSN and in the rest of the world on Facebook Watch as well as on select international sports networks.

Even if it was spread over several platforms, that's big news. To me, it's shocking, actually.

Way to go PFL.

I watched it. I used to go out on NYE or host people over, but this year I stayed in, set the PFL to record, and after putting my kid to bed, caught up (by skipping the commercials / imbetween interviews) by midnight, to toast 2019.

Inb4 “cool story, bro” :)

Pfl fans are like those weird '80s 3rd rate pro wrestling org' fans you knew while growing up that would be all excited about NWA while everyone else was watching WWF and WCW lol

God bless mma for its diversity lol

That's why "claimed" is the the thread title.

I will give them the benefit of the doubt, but there's probably no way to check the stream viewership and I imagine the TV viewership was low.

They are talking about the entire season I think

Weird how they can get only 200.000 in the US but 4.8 million worldwide, a time-zone which in most cases is very inconvenient to watch at. Almost suspicious, you could say.

Is this a statement to potential investors before their next funding round? Yeah right

If all those viewers pitched in a dollar, PFL still went broke on the last card.

That's why "claimed" is the the thread title.

I will give them the benefit of the doubt, but there's probably no way to check the stream viewership and I imagine the TV viewership was low.

Which stream do you mean, the official NBCSN stream or facebook? Because atleast in Germany they didn't broadcast it on fb and there was no way of watching it, so I don't trust them tbh

Pfl fans are like those weird '80s 3rd rate pro wrestling org' fans you knew while growing up that would be all excited about NWA while everyone else was watching WWF and WCW lol

Good thing you said NWA and not ECW.... or else I'd be sending Hat Guy and Faith No More guy to ring your doorbell and have a chat with you. haha.

I mean I’ll take their word for it but I’m just having trouble imagining who else in the world is watching. Like which countries are they being broadcast in? They have tv deals? And is this live or tape delay viewership? Because I don’t imagine a lot people around the world are waking up at all hours of the night on NYE to watch PFL.

I have watched the event on Facebook since I'm outside USA and their peak audience LIVE was 13/14k.

One weird thing about it is that peak wasn't during the main event (IIRC was at the middle of the card)

I have notice with previous cards that the viewers of the event's video increases dramastically after one or two days, so I assume they use bots or something like that who click the video to get more viewers.

Back