PFL allowing its fighters to compete elsewhere while on hiatus, just not in UFC or Bellator

MMALOPEZ

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
https://www.mmamania.com/2020/11/9/...-elsewhere-hiatus-except-for-ufc-bellator-mma

According to ESPN’s Ariel Helwani, PFL is allowing its fighters to find fights outside of the promotion while it’s on hiatus due to COVID 19, as long as it’s not with Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) or Bellator MMA.

“PFL is allowing its fighters to seek fights outside the promotion since they are on hiatus until next year, sources say. UFC and Bellator aren’t options, though,” stated the report. “Manager Malki Kawa, for example, tells me he is seeking fights for clients Brendan Loughnane and Justin Willis.”

They took care of theirs fighers be releasing them. Respect PFL.

Islam Mamedov and Movlid Khaybulaev will be competing in UAW for their upcoming event.

https://www.mmamania.com/2020/11/9/...-elsewhere-hiatus-except-for-ufc-bellator-mma

According to ESPN’s Ariel Helwani, PFL is allowing its fighters to find fights outside of the promotion while it’s on hiatus due to COVID 19, as long as it’s not with Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) or Bellator MMA.

“PFL is allowing its fighters to seek fights outside the promotion since they are on hiatus until next year, sources say. UFC and Bellator aren’t options, though,” stated the report. “Manager Malki Kawa, for example, tells me he is seeking fights for clients Brendan Loughnane and Justin Willis.”
I mean, if they cant compete in the UFC or Bellator where are they expecting them to compete? In Europe i guess CW and KSW, in Asia RIZIN and ONE. But in the US there arent a lot of viable options.

I mean, if they cant compete in the UFC or Bellator where are they expecting them to compete? In Europe i guess CW and KSW, in Asia RIZIN and ONE. But in the US there arent a lot of viable options.

Usman had a fight in Titan, some guys might compete in regionals like that, probably wouldn't get much money, but it's something.

There's also ACA where Camozzi has fought before. TAURA seems to have money with all the older Brazilians etc they've signed so maybe a few guys could get a fight there?

LFA, CFFC, Titan, just to name a few

LFA, CFFC, Titan, just to name a few
I know those promotions exist but they are regional promotions. PFL guys have to fight in regional promotions in order to get a fight. Im not sure how much money they can make in those fights.

Usman had a fight in Titan, some guys might compete in regionals like that, probably wouldn't get much money, but it's something.

There's also ACA where Camozzi has fought before. TAURA seems to have money with all the older Brazilians etc they've signed so maybe a few guys could get a fight there?
This is what I mean, I doubt regional promotions can afford to pay them good money, like they were supposed to be making in the PFL.

I know those promotions exist but they are regional promotions. PFL guys have to fight in regional promotions in order to get a fight. Im not sure how much money they can make in those fights.
Better than nothing.

Id suspect its because fighters usually sign long contracts with the UFC and Bellator which would tie them up for a long time.

For some of reasons already posted, I didn't expect Werdum to sign with PFL.

Back