• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

PFL 6 2019: Thurs. Aug. 8, 8 PM ET Prelims/10 PM ET Main Card PBP Discussion Thread

For the first fight, it's 10-1 vs 0-1. Mismatch, no?

Damn another HW and LHW card? be prepared for a lot of gassed out sloppy ass HW fights.

I think Umar will get signed eventually; he is young enough and undefeated - and Khabib will probably ask Dana to sign him lol. But there are some good fighters from Russia in PFL - Ali Akhmedov, too.
Ali Akhmedov -- is that some kind of a bastard son of Ali Isaev and Akhmed Aliev?

For the first fight, it's 10-1 vs 0-1. Mismatch, no?
The promotion swears Sigi Pesaleli is like 4-1 but none of us anywhere can find any of his regional fights from before to verify it.

Well about Russians -- I remember Yusupov said that he chose PFL because he wanted to win 1 million in previous season and after that sign with UFC, about Nemkov there were info that he is gonna fight in Bellator because of Fedor connection + if I'm not wrong he lost his last fight before signing with PFL and UFC rarely signs those who lost their last fight, Isaev -- maybe not enough experience to get offer from UFC, Grishin -- few years ago one of Russian mma commentators implied that UFC matchmaker told Grishin that UFC is not interested in him, Mokhnatkin -- not sure if he was signed while coming out of loss and I also remember a few events ago if I'm not mistaken on their website Match TV, Russian sports channel owned by Russian government, in their article about results of PFL event called him number 1 or p4p number 1 boring mma fighter in Russia, U. Nurmagomedov -- father of Khabib if I'm not wrong wants him to go to UFC next year, now he is not ready/doesn't have enough experience/something like that, Goltsov -- maybe decided to get 1 million in a few fights instead of getting payed 20000 to show-20000 to win (and you are lucky if UFC gives you 3 fights in a year), Ataev -- maybe because he returned from 10 years old hiatus and is not a very young guy.
And I don't think it's too late -- I think previous PFL events this season started at 2:00 at night and this one is at 3:00 at night, not a big difference.

I actually had in mind your translation of Timur Valiev's interview when I wrote that. It irks me a bit that we don't get to see him or Khirziev or Magomedov vs the best in the world. Its a waste of talent.

It is really odd there isn't UK coverage of this. You'd figure Sky or BT would want it.

Ali Akhmedov -- is that some kind of a bastard son of Ali Isaev and Akhmed Aliev?
Barkalla. I knew I got his name wrong, I mean the guy who recently lost to Chris Wade - former FNG WW champion: Akhmed Aliev. I am tired lol

The promotion swears Sigi Pesaleli is like 4-1 but none of us anywhere can find any of his regional fights from before to verify it.
Knowing some fighters managers... his info is probably on the profile of some random member here. :)

I'll be finished my beers by the time this starts

:(

Jordan Johnson's nickname makes me so happy.

Horrible cage announcer and a fricking horrible mismatch in the first fight....

The PFL is obsessed with graphics.

Barkalla. I knew I got his name wrong, I mean the guy who recently lost to Chris Wade - former FNG WW champion: Akhmed Aliev. I am tired lol
No problem I think I remembered him just because I watched some FNG events where he fought and for some reason I was thinking that he is Azerbaijani from Dagestan. Also, kinda funny mistakes, I've seen people on Russian websites/mma groups on social media mistaken Magomed Bibulatov and Bekbulat Magomedov.

Back