• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

News PFL 1: Loughnane vs. Marlon Moraes; April 1

TorontoTO

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
FrchlwcWwAEHtqK

FrchlwbWwAM7TpQ

Last edited:
So are these part of the season? Something tells me PFL is gonna have to ditch the season format eventually.

Marlon's brain needs a break.

OAM vs Burgos is just about the most interesting fight they can book atm.

Loughnane and Moraes is such bad matchmaking if that happens. I mean just give dude the 6 points and forget the fight. Thats embarrassing.

You got other guys you could put Moraes in there with if you want to use him so badly.

Tbf Bellator did it to Nemkov too. It's fashionable these days.
I got the vibe with this that PFL is trying to coerce fighters into taking fights they didn't want to take and/or are hesitating to take by using public pressure. The Nemkov situation was more of a timing thing. Vadim will still fight Yoel.

Piss poor matchmaking.

The Marlon bout is explotative, the Wilkson, Delija, Sy bouts are just mismatches
Based on their current roster, these are as good match ups as PFL can come up with. I was expecting Burgos, Santos, Delija to fight some randos to guarantee their spot in the play offs but they are fighting legit competition. At least they are not protecting anyone and the best are fighting each other. If they can expand their roster and keep this energy they can become very fun to watch.

Piss poor matchmaking.
Agreed. I'm baffled by folks calling these great fights.
Whats the logic behind calling this poor matchmaking? Their "biggest signings" are fighting the winners of last years tournament. PFL doesnt have a very deep roster, if they do not fight each other now, they will end up fighting some random can.

I think PFL is trying to prove that their fighters can hang with the UFC's "best", so these are the right match ups. For example, I do not know who else Loughnane could fight that is not a rematch or a bum, might as well let him take Moraes' name. Burgos is levels above everyone else in PFL, OAM is the only other fighter who can be competitive. I guess him vs Jeremy Stephens would be fun but it would
be a big can crushing fight. Sy is fighting someone he hasnt faced before but tbh I could careless about Sy. The rest are all fair match ups.

Whats the logic behind calling this poor matchmaking? Their "biggest signings" are fighting the winners of last years tournament. PFL doesnt have a very deep roster, if they do not fight each other now, they will end up fighting some random can.

I think PFL is trying to prove that their fighters can hang with the UFC's "best", so these are the right match ups. For example, I do not know who else Loughnane could fight that is not a rematch or a bum, might as well let him take Moraes' name. Burgos is levels above everyone else in PFL, OAM is the only other fighter who can be competitive. I guess him vs Jeremy Stephens would be fun but it would
be a big can crushing fight. Sy is fighting someone he hasnt faced before but tbh I could careless about Sy. The rest are all fair match ups.
Yeah the lack of depth in PFL really shines through with these bouts. I really can't think of better matchups.

I don't think Santos is that bad. It's not that long ago he beat Walker. His recent losses in his bad run are to Jones, Glover, Rakic, Ankalaev and Hill. No shame in any of those.

Back