• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Opinion (Pew Research) Beyond Red vs. Blue: The Political Typology

Which group did you fall into from the quiz?

• Total voters
ambivalent right but the questions are very weirdly formulated. i didn't feel any encapsulated my feelings about anything real well.

Outsider left. Sounds about right. This is why I wish our politics wasn’t dominated by 2 parties.

"Ambivalent Right are distinct from other Republican-oriented groups in their views of Donald Trump. While large majorities of each of the other Republican-oriented groups say they feel warmly toward Trump, Ambivalent Right are much less likely to say this."

based on the responses so far
hqdefault.jpg

Smoothed brain questions. Such little nuance. I think child rapists serve too little prison time and drug users serve too much for example.

ambivalent right was my result

what if I can definitively find holes in either of the 2 answers making both choices wrong? where do I fit in? Am I worthy of a label?

Sideliner, which is wrong. I've voted in every election I've been eligible for since I turned 18, local, provincial, national, and European.

Smoothed brain questions. Such little nuance. I think child rapists serve too little prison time and drug users serve too much for example.

ambivalent right was my result

Yea, the prison one was probably the hardest one to just pick more or less cause I’d like to know more info on each type of crime.

Yea, the prison one was probably the hardest one to just pick more or less cause I’d like to know more info on each type of crime.
Sorry, you can’t be an individual.

Ambivalent right.

Not too far off tbh. That being said, the questions are a bit smooth brained.

Yup.

"Overall, would you say people who are convicted of crimes in this country serve…"

*Too much time in prison.
*Too little time in prison.
*About the right amount of time in prison.

Kind of depends on the crime, no? Hell of a lot of violent and dangerous offenders (including sex offenders) who are sentenced to a fraction of the time that some non violent offenders are getting.

But don't worry... you can just answer the one that's closest to how you feel...

Got Ambivalent Right yea not enough options on questions.

Before it began, I figured I would either get "Ambivalent Right" or "Stressed Sideliner". Figured it was a coin toss between the two. But, I've been wrong before, so I took the quiz.

Ambivalent Right it is.

*Edit* And I see after plugging this into our poll that we have roughly a 400% overrepresentation of this group on Sherdog (Pew said it was 12% of Americans).

Got sorted into the house of Right with the caveat i hate immigration; i dont hate immigration. I hate illegal immigration. Come over all you want, just dont be a piss ant about it.

Also odd i got sorted into the Right side when im neither a righty or lefty or centrist. Odd.

Last edited:
Back