Pettis is the best fighter in the world today

How would khabob beat Pettis? Choke?

He could Guida him. This is the most interesting of the upcoming LW bouts, IMO, because it will show us how well rounded Pettis is. If he can handle a strong grappler like Khabib, then he's going to be unbeatable.

coming for that belt

MG_0139-1516071.jpg

Truly the best fighter in the world today.

He's finished the 2 best fighters that division has ever had. His moves are the stuff of legend. It's tough to put him ahead of Jones and Aldo but he's the most impressive LW of all time.

Ya I have no idea how the dude has haters

He's finished the 2 best fighters that division has ever had. His moves are the stuff of legend. It's tough to put him ahead of Jones and Aldo but he's the most impressive LW of all time.

Damn! Wipe the cum from your mouth man, and zip up your pants....!

Pettis is pretty awesome. I like his style, great striking and submissions. His TDD has gotten much better also. And unlike many of the other champs he puts people away, people that normally don't get finished.

Most knowledgeable (meaning non-sherdog) MMA fans will agree that Pettis is probably the best fighter competing in MMA at the moment.

I dont see how Pettis' win is more spectacular than Jones dominating DC.

A finish does not ness. mean a more dominant performance.

Silva finished Sonnen in their first fight, while Jones beat DC by decision. Which fighter put on a more dominant performance?

I won't argue with him being the best in the world but I think you could make a good argument for Aldo and Weidman as well. All 3 have amazing records with Pettis and Aldo having more experience and wins but Weidman still being undefeated.

I think the winner of a Pettis Aldo match would unarguably be the best fighter in the world.

Not the best but top 5. Jones is easily #1 right now followed by Aldo

I won't argue with him being the best in the world but I think you could make a good argument for Aldo and Weidman as well. All 3 have amazing records with Pettis and Aldo having more experience and wins but Weidman still being undefeated.

I think the winner of a Pettis Aldo match would unarguably be the best fighter in the world.

Weidman Pettis are not in the discussion, their resumes do not compare to either Aldo and Jon as they are way to early into the champion portion of their fight careers. And I would argue that a match between Jon and Cain could just as well indicate who is the best fighter in the world.

Jones, Aldo, and Cain are in front of Pettis. Weidman arguably could be as well.

He lost to Guida after WEC was absorbed. He was supposed to get the shot after that, which was supposed to be a tune up fight. You're my dude. But he's right...

The rest of that shit is irrelevant and a deflection.

He also never would've fought Guida if Maynard/Edgar II doesn't end in a draw.

Lightweight and Welterweight are the two highest mountains a fighter can climb in the UFC. These divisions are 50% bigger than the next biggest division. Becoming the king of those divisions is more difficult than any other.

According to UFC.com here are the number of fighters on the roster in each division:
FLW - 40
BW - 64
FW - 77
LW - 111
WW - 112

MW - 76
LHW - 46
HW - 37

Pettis has also dominated and finished his last 4 opponents in under 10 minutes. Even Aldo and Jones have only been able to finish 1 out of their last 4. Jones and Aldo do have the better body of work over their career but if you are just talking about who is the best right now I think Pettis is the guy. If I ask myself which champion is most likely to dominate opponents in 2015, Pettis is my answer.

I think Cain would beat Pettis based on size alone. So Cain is the best fighter in the world today (when he's healthy).

I will only go as far to say he is the best in the World at his weight class because he has a world Championship belt at LW that says so....

Are you suggesting that Aldo and Mcgregor would beat Pettis?

Thanks for the laugh.

I wasn't suggesting that, I just decided to add some irrelevant info.

Although I do think those fights could either way but I would make Pettis the Favorite.

Cain would kick his ass.

Come to think of it... Shaub would kick his ass.

Don't get me wrong. Pettis is a bamf and all..... but Aldo would beat him imo.

Not even close, Pettis would knock him out. Nobody wants to stand with Pettis, he finishes guys effortlessly. Aldo hasn't looked good in years, except his last fight against Mendes, and he almost got knocked out by mendes, imagine what Pettis would to him.

Back