Pettis in Glory.

Formwork

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
serious discussion, how would Mr Hot Shot striker do vs the best kickboxers in the world?

I think it's been proven already that K-1 level striking is mostly a myth.

He could probably do well against some legends like Kraus and Kyshenko, but against the top dogs like Ristie and RVR, damn, he'd get KO'd like Pat Barry.

I think with a good camp he'd do well. Nowhere near a belt though.

put them in a cage with him and see how fast he subs them.

hed win his first fight and then sit out for 2 years from multiple injuries.

This, there's been a former mma fighter with a pretty bad record that's been doing good in lion fights just by keeping the pressure on people.

If he trained for it he'd do quite well I'd think.

I'm by no means a Pettis fan, but there is nothing that would suggest to me that he wouldn't do pretty good in a straight kick boxing match.

Typical ignorant response! How bout instead logically present your argument as to why it's been proven as a myth?

K-1 level striking is not a myth, it's just that most elite level strikers don't properly train take down defence so have worries in the back of their mind when throwing! You can't set up those kicks like you can in Glory or K-1 when the other guys gonna put you on your back if you make a mistake!

If you want an elite level k-1 striker that's proven it's not a myth then look at Overeem! The guy is safe in his TDD and ground game which allows him to continue to strike so well... Unfortunately since he's gone off the TRT his chins gone to paper so hes tentative now for a different reason

He would die

They would kick kiss ass.

He could probably do well against some legends like Kraus and Kyshenko, but against the top dogs like Ristie and RVR, damn, he'd get KO'd like Pat Barry.

You gotta love these kickboxing elitists.
And lol at the Pat Barry reference. Pat Barry got knocked out four times in the UFC.
How many times did that happen to Pettis, again? Uhm... :rolleyes:
Pettis is so good, that he would do great in straight BJJ or kickboxing.

You gotta love these kickboxing elitists.
And lol at the Pat Barry reference. Pat Barry got knocked out four times in the UFC.
How many times did that happen to Pettis, again? Uhm... :rolleyes:
Pettis is so good, that he would do great in straight BJJ or kickboxing.

Troll harder.

Ristie and RVR are #1 contender and champion at 155. Did I say he'd get smoked by chumps? I said he wouldn't be GOAT - because he wouldn't. He doesn't have the experience pure strikers have. That's literally all they do. He would hold his own, but if he consistently fought the best of the best, he'd get KO'd like everyone else.

Good day, sir.

You in wasteland.

There's one guy who's mainly a tkd guy. He does pretty well.

his body kicks would level people in any combat sport. He would have more problems in Muay Thai than K1

Back