Pettis and Cerrone last night.

KazDibiase

"My style is kneeing people in the face."
@Silver
Reaction score
Skillful vets with good resumes but just seem to mentally check out when the fight starts. I'm not totally surprised about Cerrone since

A. He's older
B. Shot chin
C. Slow start
D. Boxers who pressure him are his kryptonite

Just an easy matchup for Conor but just that one kick made him panic and he was done...

Same thing with Pettis. He'll mentally check out in the middle of a fight and just seem like he doesn't want to be there.

Kinda sad watching that shit.

Yep.
First time in Pettis’ whole career he got submitted and he just gave it up like that, sad and pathetic.

Over both of them. Honestly save everyone going over Cerrones path to victory against Vick in May and just have him retire.

One thing I do like about Pettis and Cowboy is that they're aren't picky with fights, they just take who they're given, it doesn't seem to matter if it's a big name or an up and comer or a tough young prospect.

I agree they both seem to be checked out, when things get tough they aren't fighting tooth and nail, but they've been there and done that. They're fighting for the money of course but also just because it's what they do.

Cowboy could still beat a bunch of top 20 guys. He’s the same guy that beat a non-pressuring Al I who for whatever reason didn’t they or didn’t succeed in finding a proper range.

Pettis still got off a clean and unlikely shot on WB, a fight he was losing and most expected to lose. He still loses to most top 10s most of the time.

Nothing has changed since Friday, really.

Skillful vets with good resumes but just seem to mentally check out when the fight starts. I'm not totally surprised about Cerrone since

A. He's older
B. Shot chin
C. Slow start
D. Boxers who pressure him are his kryptonite

Just an easy matchup for Conor but just that one kick made him panic and he was done...

Same thing with Pettis. He'll mentally check out in the middle of a fight and just seem like he doesn't want to be there.

Kinda sad watching that shit.

They're both still better than Mike Perry.

It’s possible. When you are at the level for a long time it can become “just a job”

Pettis mentally checks out in practice or something. Dude has had the same terrible flaw of getting easily backed against the cage since what, 2012? Come on man, fix that glaring hole. There's so much tape on it now, too.

It's either bad training on his behalf, or bad coaching on Roufus'.

And those two are Tony's last two wins.
What does that say about the level of competition Tony faced ...

Conrad > Cowboy
DP > Pettis

Khabib Bless

Back