Media Petr Yan claims Raphael Assuncao and Jimmie Rivera have turned down fights with him

Probably because youre currently a nobody in the UFC.

They also turned me down for what it’s worth

I don’t know if they are in the position to be declining fights, sure yan is a high risk/low reward fight but assuncao has had his chances and isn’t exactly a name that’s going to bring numbers and Rivera is on a downhill slide.

I would prefer yan and Rivera as I feel that’s a better fight to test his skills, assuncao is hard to beat until you are actually elite.

I think if he finished his last fight, he would be able to make more noise for a higher ranked opponent.

Petr is a monster. Not a smart re-bound fight for anyone in the top 10 coming off a loss. I’d like to see Cody fight him, he may be the only one meat-headed enough to accept.

Well there's nothing in it for Assuncao and Rivera to take a fight with a fighter ranked below them and if they watched Yan beat Dodson I doubt that helped either.

Maybe Assuncao and Rivera prefer to fight each other.

The UFC is inundated with ducks. They hit rank 10 and turn into chess players for the most part.

Probably because youre currently a nobody in the UFC.

His head is gassed up from the idiot fans already claiming that he deserves a title shot.

Actually, given the stupidity of the UFC's title matchmaking at 135, they'll probably give him one.

They probably thought Yan was someone making their debut

They are scared. Assuncao should take that fight, see if he can build up a third 6+ fight winning streak just to have it broken

Petr is a monster. Not a smart re-bound fight for anyone in the top 10 coming off a loss. I’d like to see Cody fight him, he may be the only one meat-headed enough to accept.

Cody needs to stop sparring and fighting for a good year. His brain needs some r'n'r.

Assuncao probably wants to give his brain a rest I don't blame him turning it down.

I fell asleep reading "Jimmie Rivera" on that tweeeezzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Yan is currently the most overhyped fighter on Sherdog. No doubt that he's a good fighter but his tiny fanbase act like he's some kind of world beater.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back