Petition to make 'Big' John Mcarthy ref all of Jon Jones' fights from now on.

Sole

Sole Calibur
@Black
Reaction score
'Big' John seems to be the only ref that calls Jones out on his 'let me spread all my fingers apart and paw at your eyes as you try and come in' shit, so I say he should judge all of Jones' fights from now on. It's only fair.

Who's with me?

Last edited:
Big John is the best ref in MMA.

Herb Dean stops fights wayyyy too fucking fast.

Why no mention of Gus in this thread, who does the same thing with his lead hand, paw out and gauge distance.

Perhaps a bit of bias?

'Big' John seems to be the only ref that calls Jones out on his 'let me spread all my fingers apart and paw at your eyes as you try and come in' shit, so I say he should judge all of Jones' fights from now on. It's only fair.

Who's with me?

Wasn't he also the one who said "You wanted to play that game" when vitor tried to play kick ball with his head? If so, then yes, yes he should.

not a bones fan but that is a legit technique. shit happens

Yeah, that was good of McCarthy to stop Jon from doing that. But McCarthy needs to get his butt out of the way faster. He was in the way a few times

lol...Jones was still spreading his fingers. Habit I guess

I agree but unfortunately, Big John is not allowed to ref in Nevada. Jon Jones doesn't fight often in Nevada but sooner or later, he'll be back there.

Who's with me?

Calls him out, doesnt deduct points. Poor officiating to me.

Why no mention of Gus in this thread, who does the same thing with his lead hand, paw out and gauge distance.

Perhaps a bit of bias?

It's not as documented to say the least.

There are a lot of bias babies though.

Anyways, Gus doing it doesn't make it legit for Jones either.

Let me get this straight. In your words, he's the "only" ref that correctly referees Jone's fights... and you want him to become a judge instead?

In that case, who would be able to correctly referee Jones's fights?

Big John warned him 4 times... After the second one, he should have deducted a point. It's pointless to say anything if it's just always a warning.

Calls him out, doesnt deduct points. Poor officiating to me.

Oh yeah, that's another thing. How many times is Jones allowed to just ignore a ref's warnings before deducting a point? Does the other fighter need to lose an eye first?

Every ref warns Jones, and it didn't stop him from poking Gus in the eye in this fight.

So why is McCarthy better than the other refs?

Perhaps a bit of bias?

Because Gus actually paws out and gauges the distance and then usually follows up with a strike when in range. Hell, he even does it with his hand slightly flipped up most of the time to avoid poking anyone.

Jones on the other hand feels the need to spread out all his fingers and put them right in his opponents face constantly. He almost always does it when someone is about to close the distance so he can then scurry away and go back to kicking their knee in.

Honestly, Jones should have had a point deducted for that blatant eyepoke in the first round. He clearly had his hand spread and arm extended right towards Gustafsson's face. Just stupid.......

Let me get this straight. In your words, he's the "only" ref that correctly referees Jone's fights... and you want him to become a judge instead?

In that case, who would be able to correctly referee Jones's fights?

Lmao, I meant Ref his fights. Fixing now. :icon_lol:

Back