peter welchs gym in boston

tekkenfan

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
curious if anyones been there if its a boxercise place or if it still is more competitive focused on fighters id like to think so given its in southie

curious if anyones been there if its a boxercise place or if it still is more competitive focused on fighters id like to think so given its in southie

I've never been there (Obviously) But I have a friend from boston who has been there (a few years ago though) He said it's 50/50. It's made for fighters of all skill levels from brand new to pro.
Conor McMuffin worked out there at one stage.

I've never been there (Obviously) But I have a friend from boston who has been there (a few years ago though) He said it's 50/50. It's made for fighters of all skill levels from brand new to pro.
Conor McMuffin worked out there at one stage.
it seems now the best boxing gyms for competitors is usually community gyms that dont even charge at least thats how it is in the south its weird how when even gyms like gleasens/church street famous gyms i always wanted to go check out one day 99% are just rich people in there fucking around i never really saw boxing gyms marketed the way they have been in the past few years

it seems now the best boxing gyms for competitors is usually community gyms that dont even charge at least thats how it is in the south its weird how when even gyms like gleasens/church street famous gyms i always wanted to go check out one day 99% are just rich people in there fucking around i never really saw boxing gyms marketed the way they have been in the past few years

Community gyms like PCYC and things like that have always been where boxing began because the people who trained the boxers did it for free out of their love for the sport.

Community gyms like PCYC and things like that have always been where boxing began because the people who trained the boxers did it for free out of their love for the sport.

yeah people wonder why boxing isnt as big anymore i think its due to lack of community in the us theirs tons of baseball fields that are just over grown that 20 years ago were packed full of parents and volunteer coaching ect

and given lots of people who truly want to make it in boxing usually arnt very rich to begin with so trying to find a gym today pay trainers everytime they do mitts and gym dues isnt very likely

yeah people wonder why boxing isnt as big anymore i think its due to lack of community in the us theirs tons of baseball fields that are just over grown that 20 years ago were packed full of parents and volunteer coaching ect

and given lots of people who truly want to make it in boxing usually arnt very rich to begin with so trying to find a gym today pay trainers everytime they do mitts and gym dues isnt very likely

Community is dying everywhere. Due to everything becoming more online orientated. Kids are less interested in sports so they're at home playing xbox not at baseball.
Shopping malls are dying over there because of online shopping.
Even Nascar has moved out of some of the older stadiums (tracks? idk what you call them I don't watch it) and just completely decimated whole cities economy because they lost the thing that put them on the map.

I think boxing has fallen victim to people chasing money, trainers, gyms have all become money orientated which I get people have to make a living but it's still sad to see.

Back