Peter Aerts: How much of a chance did he have to beat Overeem in K1 2010?

Footwork333

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Hey guys, I just re-watched the K1 final from 2010 and I'm surprised Aerts even came out for the final fight. Overeem took basically no damage in his two fights while Aerts had just been through a war with Schilt, the tournament favorite.

Hey guys, I just re-watched the K1 final from 2010 and I'm surprised Aerts even came out for the final fight. Overeem took basically no damage in his two fights while Aerts had just been through a war with Schilt, the tournament favorite.

aerts was done after the Schilt fight, he went back in the ring for the fans, he stood no chance

he was pissing blood in between the Schilt fight and the Overeem fight.....no sane person wants to have a war with schilt anf then fight a fresh Overeem

that's nightmarish

Yeah thats the thing with tournaments. Take as little damage as you can, but i still think Overeem would have beaten Aerts if it was a one off fight that night.

Yeah thats the thing with tournaments. Take as little damage as you can, but i still think Overeem would have beaten Aerts if it was a one off fight that night.

Don't know, afterall Aerts beat Schilt that night..

Last edited:
Don't know, afterall Aerts beats Schilt that night..

no way

in eacdh and every fight that aerts had with schilt....he was able to bring it to him and walk through his jab/kicks.......up close aerts was very annoying to schilt, playing it smart with constant pressure

against overeem he got beaten soundly......to match of a power and age advantage for Overeem. Aerts was already over the hill the first time he fought Overeem, never mindwhen they met in the tourament final

Last edited:

He beat him in 2009. That was a dominant UD. So yeah, he would have won in 2010 too.

Actually, if you look a little bit, in 2010 Peter Aerts already was on juice. In 2009 his body looked soft. But I still think overeem would have won.

this fight just shows how GP are useless.

Go back at your mma. If there wasn't those WGPs, kickboxing would have never been so big. He was so big at some point only because of those WGP. This was the best and the most exciting thing that kickboxing ever had.

That was Overeem's second victory over Aerts.

Aerts is one bad ass dude. 99.9% of humans would never even think about getting back in the ring after being in a war like that. A fresh Aerts would take reem I think.

Aerts is one bad ass dude. 99.9% of humans would never even think about getting back in the ring after being in a war like that. A fresh Aerts would take reem I think.

Based on what?

Do you ever heard by styles? Do you know that styles make fights? Did you see 2009 fight between them? I don't think so. You probably don't know any of these things, but you are still talking about that. Please, you can't understand kickboxing, just go way.

aerts was done after the Schilt fight, he went back in the ring for the fans, he stood no chance

he was pissing blood in between the Schilt fight and the Overeem fight.....no sane person wants to have a war with schilt anf then fight a fresh Overeem

that's nightmarish

This.

Based on what?

Do you ever heard by styles? Do you know that styles make fights? Did you see 2009 fight between them? I don't think so. You probably don't know any of these things, but you are still talking about that. Please, you can't understand kickboxing, just go way.

wow, this is a bit too much, even for my liking

'please, you can't understand kicboxing, just go away'

what kind of crap is that, he didn't do anything wrong

wow, this is a bit too much, even for my liking

'please, you can't understand kicboxing, just go away'

what kind of crap is that, he didn't do anything wrong

Do you really think that a nomral(average IQ level) would ever say a fresh aerts would have won that fight? I don't think so. There is nothing that tells as that Aerts would have won if he was fresh. Nothing.

Do you really think that a nomral(average IQ level) would ever say a fresh aerts would have won that fight? I don't think so. There is nothing that tells as that Aerts would have won if he was fresh. Nothing.

IQ has nothing to do with it, I could ask Stephen Hawking this question and he couldn't answer me or answer it wrong, it depends on what you have seen between these two......maybe green giant hadn't seen their first encounter, then it would be justifiable to think that Aerts had more chance in a single match up

this is like what? the tenth post where you qestion someones IQ? You must think you're really intelligent :rolleyes:

Are people allowed to speculate on how a younger, prime Aerts might have done against Overeem at his best? Or will you just insult their intelligence and tell them to gtfo

IQ has nothing to do with it, I could ask Stephen Hawking this question and he couldn't answer me or answer it wrong, it depends on what you have seen between these two......maybe green giant hadn't seen their first encounter, then it would be justifiable to think that Aerts had more chance in a single match up

this is like what? the tenth post where you qestion someones IQ? You must think you're really intelligent :rolleyes:

It has. If Stephen Hawking would watch kickboxing for awhile, he will understand enough to not say this thing. This is more about logic than anything. You should be blind or something to think that aerts would have won that fight. And yeah, I presume he saw first fight. If he didn't, I'm sorry.

However, who understand kickboxing will know that aerts probably would have lost that fight even if there wasn't a first fight between them. Like I said, STYLES MAKE FIGHTS and we can see when a fighter fit well or not against another fighter style and skills even if we didn't see that fight yet. But yeah, the last part doesn't have a real connection with IQ.

Are people allowed to speculate on how a younger, prime Aerts might have done against Overeem at his best? Or will you just insult their intelligence and tell them to gtfo

Prime aerts is a totally different fighter form 2010 aerts. Overeem could be still a bad matchup for aerts(overeem boxing and ko power can do bad things to aerts's poor defense, especially his guard), but aerts speed, dynamics, vitality and cardio would be probably to much for overeem. Do not compare two different things.

Prime aerts is a totally different fighter form 2010 aerts. Overeem could be still a bad matchup for aerts(overeem boxing and ko power can do bad things to aerts's poor defense, especially his guard), but aerts speed, dynamics, vitality and cardio would be probably to much for overeem. Do not compare two different things.
And also don't forget about Aerts's heart, which is much bigger than Overeem's

Back