Opinion PETA vs Far Cry 6 animal cruelty

The UFC Brander Collector

Pimp Andrew
@Brown
Reaction score
Seems like video game violence is a no - no

“Turning a horrific bloodsport like cockfighting into a Mortal Kombat-style video game match is a far cry from real innovation, as today’s society is strongly opposed to forcing animals to fight to the death,” said PETA Latino Senior Manager Alicia Aguayo in a statement. “Roosters used in cockfights are fitted with sharp spurs that tear through flesh and bone, causing agonizing and fatal injuries. PETA Latino urges Ubisoft to replace this reprehensible minigame with one that doesn’t glorify cruelty"

6166a67985f5406f4258898b.jpg

https://www.rt.com/op-ed/537257-peta-cgi-cockfighting-far-cry-6/

Animal cruelty in a murder simulator? Lol.... I've actually been playing Far Cry 6, and the rooster's don't even fight to the death and there isn't any insinuation that they do. It's more like Street Fighnter than Mortal Kombat. There's even a side mission where you have to go and get a retired rooster's spurs back for a dude so it can have a redemption match.

I haven't played the game, but can I assume that the only violence I would encounter would be rooster-related?

I saw this stuff in the Philippines, it's honestly less cruel than Western meat industry. They live a pretty good life and if they win a couple fights they get used for breeding.

Edit: and crying about the abuse of digital animals is ridiculous to begin with obviously.

I love PETA and others of their ilk. The amount of stupidity and often hypocrisy is a spectacle to behold.

I lived in Norfolk, Virginia years ago. PETA operated one of the biggest kill shelters around. Their logic was that the literally thousands of cats and dogs killed there were "humanely euthanized".

I saw this stuff in the Philippines, it's honestly less cruel than Western meat industry. They live a pretty good life and if they win a couple fights they get used for breeding.

Edit: and crying about the abuse of digital animals is ridiculous to begin with obviously.
From cocks banging in the cage to cocks banging chicks.
The animal version of Warmachine

As ridiculous as it seems, I do understand why they would go after this specific in-game presentation. It is rather crass and, I would argue, if it were dog fighting instead, the backlash would be immense.

As ridiculous as it seems, I do understand why they would go after this specific in-game presentation. It is rather crass and, I would argue, if it were dog fighting instead, the backlash would be immense.

You can shoot dogs in some games. Not even enemy dogs. Don't let PETA make you think too hard about this idiotic complaint. They're just starving for attention, and picking on a new popular game for clicks.

You can shoot dogs in some games. Not even enemy dogs. Don't let PETA make you think too hard about this idiotic complaint. They're just starving for attention, and picking on a new popular game for clicks.
That is actually exactly what they do. Like all the time. They shoot themselves in the foot by doing it. No one takes the seriously anymore.

Leftist unfortunately do this a lot. They have good causes like climate change or wealth distribution inequality but then drive people off by insisting we use the right pronoun or men be allowed in girls restrooms. PETA has legit grievances with the way the meat industry conducts business but they lose the crowd when they do shit like this. Years ago the made a big stink about Mario’s tanooki (so?) suit from mario 3. It’s like just shut peta…

I'm an Animal is a wonderful documentary on Ingrid Newkirk. The woman is a despicable egomaniac.

I was about to say. You hit him too much a billion of his buddies come in yelling "Wrong hood bitch"
What game is that?

Trust me I get it. Fuck peta off this gay earth. But shooting dogs and having them fight each other are two different things. The act of pitting domesticated animals against each other in combat seems to be territory that's no longer acceptable in any manner. I used to enjoy cockfighting many lifetimes ago, and certainly appreciate the historic and cultural aspects of such matters. However, if I'm the project manager on such a development team, that part of the game just doesn't get a green light. I'm not offended and still will play the game, but I understand how this particular subject would ruffle some feathers.

Back