People with more fat would do better in a flood apocalypse scenario.

No they wouldn't. They would be the food.

I already have years of experience boarding people's boats and navigating so I figure I'd pirate the fuck out of everything in a flood apocalypse scenario until I die. Yo ho ho and a bottle of rum...

How do you call a fat guy in the water with no arms and no legs?

Bob

Being fat would not help. With terrible cardio they wouldn’t be able to tread water for very long before getting winded and sinking like a stone. A big, fat stone.

I'll stay 6'7 and shredded thanks. If needed I can just make a raft out of fat people

It is well known that muscle doesnt float. Fat floats. So if there was some kind of large scale flood and waterworld came true, it would make sense that fat people would be more likely to survive or be rescued. Not only that but the extra fat would help them during times stranded at sea with no food or water.

And did you know the worlds fattest people live on islands? Makes sense when you think about it. Body adapted to be prepared just in case.

Thoughts
I've spent my entire life so far, not living in a water world. I'll take my chances with not becoming a fat flotation device.

I don't think in the past that islanders were as large and over weight as all to often seen today. At least I remember Westen Price's book in which he traveled the world visiting different cultures, taking notes on health and diet, before and after the introduction of western diets. The change in diet from traditional island diets to western diets resulted in several negative health changes.

What about skinny people who fart a lot?
I used to swim competitively and would always eat gas producing foods before a meet so that my escaping flatulence would serve as a jet propulsion of sorts. Always looking for that extra edge.

Netflix would like to give you $30 million to invest in crypto sir...

The people that were a little chubby might make it better. Obese people are out of breath just existing though, they'd probably find a way to drown anyway.

And did you know the worlds fattest people live on islands?
That’s because of sharks, it’s evolution.
You only need to be able to swim faster than the fattest person.
They are stuck there.

It is well known that muscle doesnt float. Fat floats. So if there was some kind of large scale flood and waterworld came true, it would make sense that fat people would be more likely to survive or be rescued. Not only that but the extra fat would help them during times stranded at sea with no food or water.

And did you know the worlds fattest people live on islands? Makes sense when you think about it. Body adapted to be prepared just in case.

Thoughts

Nah. Better in a marathon or zombie apocalypse.

They make for perfect shields in the zombie apocalypse. No double swipes for me.

BjRy.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back