People seem to forget that DC destroyed Stipe

I know a party... Salt Mines party.

Here:
main_900.jpg

The allowed dance? This one:
tenor.gif

DC pulled a stunt. Good luck landing a bomb Stipe has no idea is coming again.

so true, dc ain't no dummy at this stage of the game, the trilogy fight will garner more eyes and he will once again send stipe back to 'stay at home dad' status

DC in the first fight knew Stipe had a weak guard coming out of the clinch and eventually tagged Stipe after a decent eye poke (weather or not that made any difference)

DC in the second fight couldn't repeat the move because Stipe was aware of the hand fighting and clinch exit guard. DC tried a wrestle approach which netted him no damage in the first but wasted a ton of his gas. DC tried the eye poke again and went for the kill, Stipe made him honest with a beautiful uppercut. DC tried some more wrestling but Stipe was wise to it (even taking DC down briefly) and it turned into a slug fest. DC had no further strategy apart from the hope he could repeat the hand fighting trick. Stipe saw the body wide open every time he threw leather at the head. Stipe goes to the body over 10 times un answered and then TKOs DC.

Stipe had the answer to the eye poke, hand fighting and wresting strategy DC posed. He then attacked DCs body and TKOed him with ease.

DC had nothing for Stipe, all his strats failed and Stipe was getting better until the TKO.

Stipe is the better fighter and as of right now no one can argue that. The second fight showed us everything they both had to offer and Stipe came out on top.

<{natewhut}>

DC won the second fight!!! Stipe was not intelligently defending himself at the end of the first round. Herb Dean should have stopped the fight then and there. Dean screwed up!!!

Cormier was robbed!!!

Cormier will win the third fight, no doubt about it.

DC won the second fight!!! Stipe was not intelligently defending himself at the end of the first round. Herb Dean should have stopped the fight then and there. Dean screwed up!!!

Cormier was robbed!!!

Cormier will win the third fight, no doubt about it.

Enduring a late flurry until the bell rings can be an intelligent defense decision though. If you know it can't be long and are coping well under it, why waste the energy to break free? Now if Stipe had been warned to improve his position and couldn't do it, for sure it should be over. But I don't think it went on long enough to get a warning in.

As for Cormier being a shoe-in for a rubber match... That depends on how adaptable he is at this late stage of his career to change up his style. Now that Stipe's found the sweet spot, can DC protect it? I remember him mentioning the predictability in reactive movement that Jones capitalized on to land his head kick, and offhandedly saying something like 'that ain't going to change at this point'. It doesn't bode well for a rematch, if you have the ability to recognize an issue but are not willing to fix it.

DC lost. Let's get that out of the way. He wilted and he got finished.

But I've seen multiple threads and comments that make it seem like Stipe is hands down the better fighter despite the fact that they're 1-1.

This a problem I've noticed in alot of rematches. The Wand/Rampage rematches come to mind. Wand destroyed Rampage twice in their first two fights before they fought later in their careers but because of recency bias, people pretend they're on even footing.

You also used to poop your pants and wet your bed. Do you still sleep with rubber sheets? Things change. Deal with it.

DC lost. Let's get that out of the way. He wilted and he got finished.

But I've seen multiple threads and comments that make it seem like Stipe is hands down the better fighter despite the fact that they're 1-1.

This a problem I've noticed in alot of rematches. The Wand/Rampage rematches come to mind. Wand destroyed Rampage twice in their first two fights before they fought later in their careers but because of recency bias, people pretend they're on even footing.

cormier won the fake fight because of eyepokes and a fluke lucky shot. Miocic won the real fight because of a calculated game plan and conditioning
JollyHelplessBluefintuna-size_restricted.gif

TalkativePlainCoyote-size_restricted.gif

"Beating gassed fighters doesn't count! The fight should've been called-off after round 3! Cormier chose to lose!"

Back