People are forgetting Silva arguably won the first round

Kertol

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
I scored the first round 10-9 silva or 10-10. Im not a Silva fan but it was a great performance and he let it all out. The hate is unwaranted. Both guys showed heart.

It was a close first round, but Matt Brown probably did more damage. One of the best rounds I've ever seen and top 10 fight for sure.

I scored the first round 10-9 silva or 10-10. Im not a Silva fan but it was a great performance and he let it all out. The hate is unwaranted. Both guys showed heart.

No, he won about the first 2 minutes of the first round, then proceeded to get his ass kicked the remainder of the fight.

I do admire your overall positive attitude about his ass kicking, though.

56168-50-Cent-driving-Patrick-Stewar-p5TH.gif

No one forgot, we just dont care because he got mollywhopped

Except he didn't. All three official judges gave the round to Brown (at least that's what I read someone in the pbp thread say). Silva didn't land much other than the two kicks that dropped him and the RNC wasn't ever really locked in. Brown was beating the shit out of him for the remainder of the round.

He dropped Brown and landed several shots and put him in a neck crank.

He won two minutes of the fight and in the end it didn't matter. The only thing people will remember is the ass whooping he took for 10-12 minutes.

Agree with the highlighted statements. Terrific props to both guys.

But there is no way in hell that Silva won the first round.

Landed a clean liver shot, and took his back. Attempted but never really got close to any sub. In return, Brown nearly finished him and had him drunkenly stumbling around the cage.

10-9 brown. Now, round 2 might as well be 10-8, and ha round 3 been scored you could have called it 10-5 and it would have made sense.

Except he didn't.

He knocked Brown down once, had 2 near misses on a sub.

Then Brown got up, beat him down, almost finished him twice, ragdolled him a couple times, forced Silva to turn his back and run away (multiple times) and got the takedown back at the end of the round.

There's no doubt that's 10-9 for Brown.

It was a clear 10-9 for Brown

The amount of ass whoop he laid on him at the end of the round far outweighs what Silva did.

10-10 seems fair.

Really, man, no.

When the cage is the only thing holding a guy up for the last 90 seconds, you didn't just watch a 10-10 round, unless he almost literally murdered his opponent for the first part of the round.

Some success - ass whipping =/= even round

Back