• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

People actually think DC can win?

He did throw Gus though, in highlight-reel fashion. He also threw Jones (though it was way too late and Jones scrambled well).

Stipe doesn't have very extensive wrestling credentials himself, unremarkable d1 wrestler and he switched into baseball, didn't even stick with wrestling at the collegiate level.

How many of DC's opponents have better wrestling credentials?

I suppose Monson and 50 year old Dan Henderson?

Monson himself was pretty one dimensional and washed up at the time.

If DC wins, i will leave sherdog forever.

DC was competitve and beat all th hw he fought but Stipe is laying people out and has the full game, honestly, stipe is the GOAT HW, DC has no chance except if stipe twists his ankle or some oter freak accident

How many of DC's opponents have better wrestling credentials?

I suppose Monson and 50 year old Dan Henderson?
I mean, Stipe's sole wrestling credential is that he got into a d1 college and then didn't see it through. That isn't some kind of super career. Sure, someone like Josh Barnett didn't accomplish anything as a wrestler but I think its fair to say his career as a grappler is much more distinguished.
I think Stipe's wrestling pedigree is greatly overstated. He still will be difficult for DC to take down due to his physicality though, especially at the beginning of the fight.

Stipe cardio looked incredible to me in his last fight and he was grappling against a monster of a heavy weight for 25 minutes. I don’t expect him to gas out in this fight at all.
Not saying Stipe doesn't have good cardio, I give the edge to DC tho

Never seen Stipe go 5 with a fighter that can keep the kind of pace DC can, seen DC go 5 a couple of times against guys that can push back at the of tempo DC goes at.
Maybe it will be a factor maybe not, i'm interested to see.

DC is going to put Stipe on his ass and grind him out. 49-46 or 48-47.

On paper. But as far as utilizing that wrestling in the octagon, I’d say he is pretty damn close. Jones on paper doesn’t have anywhere near the wrestling of DC. He got the better of it.

No, Cormier's MMA wrestling is better, who has Stipe hit takedowns on? Ngannou? Lol, DC has taken down everybody he has fought except Jones who is literally the GOAT AND was on steroids.

It will be a fun fight between the best UFC HW ever (UFC...2005 Nog or Fedor beat Stipe, IMO) and the second best LHW (regardless of org) ever.

It’s just a downer because the best LHW ever is a bad driving, coke snorting, “tainted supplement” taking, street racing dickhole.

If Jones had come 10 years before this fight and was irrelevant, we’d be much more excited...but the situation is as it is, and we know that DC is a champion by screw-up, and not legit.

DC is very confident, but he was confident twice against Jones and look what happened. He has a history of thinking he is better than he actually is and he isn't getting any younger.
He has a history of losing to one person. One person that might've been the greatest challenge in the sport.

Stipe should be favored, but not by a lot. DC has deceptive power in his hands, and obviously will have Stipe in trouble if he starts taking him down.

DC's fighting best was at heavyweight, that's where he belonged. He could've easily been a long reigning champion in the UFC, possibly keeping Stipe from ever winning the belt.

To me this fight is pretty lop-sided.

DC is very confident, but he was confident twice against Jones and look what happened. He has a history of thinking he is better than he actually is and he isn't getting any younger. At one point he said he and Jones might be the two greatest fighters ever? What?

I like DC, but he hasn't beaten the greatest competition at LHW. Or at HW for that matter.

I thought Gus fought very stupidly in their fight and he still almost won. Stipe is bigger, a better wrestler, and a lot smarter than Gus.

I don't see how DC wins. At all.
the fact you don't see doesn't mean it is not there.

While you can claim "Gus fought very stupidly " I can just say the opposite.
DC MADE Gus fight very stupidly.
DC Found a way to win that fight.

And DC lost twice to Jon, but let us not forget that in both times Jon had "help".

DC is very confident, but he was confident twice against Jones and look what happened. He has a history of thinking he is better than he actually is and he isn't getting any younger. At one point he said he and Jones might be the two greatest fighters ever? What?

I like DC, but he hasn't beaten the greatest competition at LHW. Or at HW for that matter.

I thought Gus fought very stupidly in their fight and he still almost won. Stipe is bigger, a better wrestler, and a lot smarter than Gus.

Agreed ^^^ I'm not the biggest DC fan being a Jon Jones man (f*k all who hates) but he's gonna have a hard time trying to hold down that fireman. Still gonna wait 4weigh-ins Stipe can be had I don't think he's all that...

"Stipe is bigger, a better wrestler, and a lot smarter than Gus."

Stipe is bigger than Gus
Stipe is a better wrestler than Gus
Stipe is a lot smarter than Gus

How do so many of you struggle with such basic reading comprehension?

Just because you say it doesn’t make it true, dumbass. Just compare DC’s and Stipe’s wrestling accolades. Stipe isn’t in the same universe as DC as a wrestler and he’d likely admit that himself.

DC has fought plenty of good competition and won the Strikeforce HW Grand Prix as a replacement.

His only loss is to Jones who is a known cheater. How doesn't he have a chance?

the fact you don't see doesn't mean it is not there.

While you can claim "Gus fought very stupidly " I can just say the opposite.
DC MADE Gus fight very stupidly.
DC Found a way to win that fight.

And DC lost twice to Jon, but let us not forget that in both times Jon had "help".

If you rewatch the fight, it's pretty evident that DC got lucky that Gus had an off night. He won (according to 2/3 judges' opinions), but it was a poor performance from Gus. DC didn't make Gus stand in the middle of the cage and eat uppercuts. I had money on the fight (got pretty good odds on Gus) so I was pretty pissed at how Gus performed.

Stipe should win a close but not controversial decision, 3 rounds to 2, 48-47.

Just because you say it doesn’t make it true, dumbass. Just compare DC’s and Stipe’s wrestling accolades. Stipe isn’t in the same universe as DC as a wrestler and he’d likely admit that himself.

Wait, do you still not understand that I was comparing Stipe's wrestling to Gus's and not DC's? Rofl.

Of course DC can win, if you do not think so you have not been paying attention to his amazing career. That being said, Stipe is the rightful favorite. It is interesting to see the fav line inching towards -300

No, Cormier's MMA wrestling is better, who has Stipe hit takedowns on? Ngannou? Lol, DC has taken down everybody he has fought except Jones who is literally the GOAT AND was on steroids.

Gus is A kickboxer and he took him down as a matter fact he slammed him down. I don’t expect DC to have any wrestling advantage whatsoever in this fight.

Back