• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

People acting like Khamzat has been exposed or something

It was concerning that he was gassing hard in a 3 rounder in mostly a striking match against a former LW like Burns

Khamzat has the size and reach on Burns and still got rocked and dropped
Burns has shown recently in his fights that he always gets dropped with a jab so that was nothing new

Right now Khamzat really needs to show that he can go 5 rounds because someone like Usman or Colby who can wrestle and strike for 5 rounds will easily 50-45 him

The "smesh" gimmick got exposed
Also need to stop hanging out with a clout chaser like Till
Pre Till Khamzat would have destroyed former LW Burns in a minute

I thought he looked great. Great defence on the most part. Got caught at times when he would refuse to stop coming forward.

Burns is probably his worst match up. He was wary of going to the ground with him due to his super high level Jiu Jitsu and Burns has great striking with power and volume. And Khamzat won...

I think he has an easier time with Colby and Usman
In 7 words or less:

"Unreasonably high expectations were not met."

He did better than any number 11 vs number 3 guy would do. He was unprepared and had less than half of the experience yet still pulled through. If Chimaev didn’t over other worldly hype people would have had him losing and not expect a win from him

I thought he looked great. Great defence on the most part. Got caught at times when he would refuse to stop coming forward.

Burns is probably his worst match up. He was wary of going to the ground with him due to his super high level Jiu Jitsu and Burns has great striking with power and volume. And Khamzat won...

Well I don't know about that last statement oh, but it was a good showing nonetheless.

119 significant strikes absorbed

"Great defense"

The only take away from teh fight is he's a contender. WW is pretty much shallow. You got old man wonderboy who was in the top 10 for a min. Like the only real contenders in that division were burns, leon, colby for long while. Now, Khamzat can add his name to the list. But he's not that hype that everyone makes him to be but he should became a smarter fighter after this. How good is his fight IQ? I don't know. We'll see.

To me it seemed like the sort of fight a fan wants to see a fighter in. It showed Khamzat against one of the best and he fought the entire 15 minutes and went through adversity to get the win. It answered a lot of questions about him and showed he is a serious force at 170 in only his 10th pro fight.

I've been seeing the comparisons to Khabib being made all through the threads so I'll make my own. Khabib had just about triple the amount of fights before he fought someone similarly ranked in his division.

This was a great test that he passed and I expect he will get better because of it. I feel sorry for his future opponents. They should have been like Burns and tried to get him when he still had his spots.

It's absurd, they're acting like Khamzat didn't just beat the #2 ranked WW. Some dude on another thread said he should've been given a couple of more lower ranked fighters before they gave him Burns, lmaoooo.

It's a direct reaction to the insane Chimaev hype before the fight. Look how many people were saying he would annihilate Burns, Usman, and Colby. And the odds reflected that hype. He looked human and we saw clear holes in his game, which we hadn't seen in his previous fights. He won, but didn't dominate. It will be interesting to see what the odds would be for a fight vs Colby.

lol at thinking Colby and Usman are easier fights, both of them are better boxers with seemingly far better cardio, who actually have elite TDD and can just as easily take Khamzat down if he gets too aggressive. Not to mention they are just strait up larger men with longer reaches and strong wrestling pedigrees.

Khamzat overextends too much and isn't as hard to take down as advertised, Burns was able to easily get underneath him several times, if Colby or Usman have that opportunity they will get Khamzat down. Khamzat might be terrible off his back, we have no clue. What we do know is that his head movement is atrocious, and would get him KO'd against Usman, he desperately needs to improve that asap.

I don't see how anyone can say Usman is an easier fight than Burns, the same Burns who gives up octagon control to swing bombs and gas in 2 rounds? The same Burns who didn't even have a TDD of 60%. I'd be more worried about the fact that Khamzat couldn't control Burns and gave up on his wrestling, was he gassed too?? The UFC wanted this matchup because Burns would be seemingly easy to takedown and control given the size difference. What happens if Khamzat can't take Usman down? He's just going to walk into strait punches until he can't take them anymore? What if Khamzat didn't consciously avoid the grappling, what if he was actually tired?

Colby might not have the power of Burns, but he has far better boxing combinations and far far far better cardio and durability. Khamzat might be the 2nd most naturally gifted fighter in the division after Usman, but those intangibles will only take him so far. He is very fortunate to have been declared the winner when he could've easily lost against burns. Now the only edge he really did have is gone, everyone can see his flaws and now every fight is about to get much harder.

Burns without intel was one buckle from Khamzat in round 3 from winning the fight. Usman with Intel is a KO win imo, and Colby with intel is a decision win. Maybe Colby is shopworn from the damage he took from Usman and will crumble to one big shot, but going off the information we have it's far more likely Khamzat doesn't have elite cardio, isn't elite off his back, and doesn't have the boxing advantage over Colby. The one hope being that Khamzat can control Colby and wrestle fuck him, but that's just a hope. Even if he could, what are the chances he could do it for 3 rounds? Let alone 5...

I preferred the Magny route, throwing the kid into this situation is more than likely going to end badly, but it'll be entertaining atleast. Dana didn't seem so keen on a Colby fight, so I wonder what the UFC will do next. I'm a Khamzat supporter but he's in a tough spot, hopefully he has the time needed to refine his game.

Last edited:
Chimaev looked great in there. His aura was shining,...till it wasn't.

It was a very good test. I was impressed with a guy from ranked #11 was able beat the #2 fighter.

However, his invincibility was exposed. Almost all of what Chimaev was supposed to be was exposed. His endurance was exposed. His chin, while it showed great strength, that was exposed. He and his fans(including myself) were all brought back down to Earth and that's just reality. Hype trains often get exposed.

I don't know why you're making a big deal out of it? I like this new Chimaev but that doesn't mean I don't see the many problems that Covington and Usman can and will further expose.
What a rational thought on here? Now I’ve seen it all.

iu

The way I see it, there's a difference between getting exposed and not performing up to expectations.

Expectations for Chimaev were crazy high, and people are delusional when they say Chimaev performed exactly as expected. His cardio and chin looked good, but his striking defense wasn't. He didn't get exposed, but he didn't match expectatins either

People are daft as fuck. Cobbie and Usman are definitely easier fights in that they pose ZERO threat on the ground. Unlike a multiple BJJ world champion in Burns.
Colby and Usman have no sub threat but 100% are better wrestlers and can scramble better than Burns

Worst match up?

But i thought all Khmazat had to do was get a hold him cuz Burns is a LW and if that doesnt work then for sure hes getting K.Oed...like Meershaert..a MW who couldn't take khamzats power

Lol

Major Copium in ur post..

Getting dropped several times in a fight isnt good defense...getting ur face cut up isnt good defense..

Khamzat will lose to Usman if he fights like he did even more so against a striker like IZZY.. who has great TDD...he arguably lost this fight.. Dana paid Burns his show and win money what does that tell u...money talks after all

Colby and Usman have no sub threat but 100% are better wrestlers and can scramble better than Burns
Good thing Khamzat is a better and more decorated wrestler than either of them then!

A few weaknesses in his game got exposed. But he didn’t get exposed. He still came forward through the fire and got the win.

There’s gonna be lots of mental gymnastics going on when he beats Colby later this year.

Why not glass though?

The Khamzat that was hyped up to the public like he was the terminator, got exposed. That Khamzat will never be back.

Khamzat the fighter is still in a good place. He now knows what weaknesses to work on. That's more important than blasting through some guy in 2 minutes.

The Khamzat that was hyped up to the public like he was the terminator, got exposed. That Khamzat will never be back.

Khamzat the fighter is still in a good place. He now knows what weaknesses to work on. That's more important than blasting through some guy in 2 minutes.

Unless he starts murking guys like it's nothing again. Lots of fighters get revered as terminators that have already had tough fights or even lost in the past. People mainly focus on what's most recent, so if he manages to fix the holes in his game he has shown, people will basically have the same opinion as they had before.

Back