PBC on ESPN continues to improve tv ratings

Still wondering why this was on ESPN. It's been one of PBC's highest quality fights and had action written all over it.

ESPN is certainly PBCs most qualified platform. NBC would have gotten the most viewers but they got a ways to go to match espns viewing quality who has been doing boxing broadcasts for quite some time.

The fight was on in the late afternoon/early evening was it not? If so, that time slot wouldn't have been available to them on NBC as that network had a commitment to show the Travers Stakes on Saturday, which is a part of their whole 18 race Breeders Cup Challenge series. Not sure what kind of viewership the Travers got for NBC yet, but it was apparently the most viewed running of the race since 2004 thanks to a Triple Crown winner being entered in it. Me being one of those who chose to watch the race, thanks.

They would have had to altered the scheduling of the fight in order to fit with NBC's plans.

Awful numbers, HBO gets better ratings.
Haymon is killing the sport of punching.

The fight was on in the late afternoon/early evening was it not? If so, that time slot wouldn't have been available to them on NBC as that network had a commitment to show the Travers Stakes on Saturday, which is a part of their whole 18 race Breeders Cup Challenge series. Not sure what kind of viewership the Travers got for NBC yet, but it was apparently the most viewed running of the race since 2004 thanks to a Triple Crown winner being entered in it. Me being one of those who chose to watch the race, thanks.

They would have had to altered the scheduling of the fight in order to fit with NBC's plans.

The race went off around 4:45. The boxing broadcast didn't start until 9. I'm in the central timezone.

The race went off around 4:45. The boxing broadcast didn't start until 9. I'm in the central timezone.

Thanks man. Thought I read that the broadcast started at 5 EST, but looking again, I completely messed that up.

Still wondering why this was on ESPN. It's been one of PBC's highest quality fights and had action written all over it.

ESPN is their biggest opportunity on cable where most of their cards would be. This was a great card and deserved the ratings it got.

Looking at PBCs schedule and didnt realize that PBC has already had 20 events.

ESPN has a good history with boxing cards. Made the most sense

by the matchmaking its clear Haymon wants an NBC and or espn deal more than any other channels they are on

Averaged 1.217M
Peaked at 1.641M

Last edited:
The fight was on ESPN and ESPN deportes at the same time.
Factoring in the ESPN Deportes numbers, this fight averaged 1.572M and peaked at 2.094M

Last edited:
Back