September 18th (Bounce TV)
Fernando Guerrero vs Caleb Truax
September 22nd (Fox Sports 1)
Julian Williams vs Luciano Cuello
September 26th (NBC)
Deontay Wilder vs Johann Duhaupas
September 29th (Fox Sports 1)
Javier Fortuna vs Carlos Vel

Oh, I don't care for an Adamek comeback.Not one bit.

More fights the better to me, a lot of people will cry about over saturation but whatever.

Shitty mismatches

Thanks Al

Shitty mismatches

Thanks Al

Yea but at least you got boxing on every few days.
Also some of those mismatches are leading to bigger fights down the road.
Can't have #1 vs #2 every fight.

Interested to see how PBC on Bounce TV performs for the 2nd show.
Bounce TV is only in selected markets yet it beat PBC on Spike when Erislandy Lara was headlining.

Yea but at least you got boxing on every few days.
Also some of those mismatches are leading to bigger fights down the road.
Can't have #1 vs #2 every fight.

Interested to see how PBC on Bounce TV performs for the 2nd show.
Bounce TV is only in selected markets yet it beat PBC on Spike when Erislandy Lara was headlining.

I don't mind the saturation. I just enjoy fights, and some of these mismatches may not end up being as one-sided as people expect, there are always upsets and fights that overperform. Guerrero vs Martinez was supposed to be a mismatch, but Guerrero got his ass kicked.

I do hope Haymon finds a way to sprinkle in more fights that have a high likelihood of competitiveness though. Not everything needs to be top fighter vs top fighter, but top fighters should be fighting quality guys at the very least.

The last few years of Canelo's career looks the way a top fighter's should look. He's mixed in top competition (Lara, Mayweather) with fun showcase fights with almost no risk (Angulo, Kirkland).

Funnily the list is missing some of the under-card bouts like Kameda Vs McDonnell II (Sept 6th) which looks like a better bout than the "main" bout.

I just read on twitter that Haymon, Waddell and Reed have lost 165 million so far with PBC, is that accurate? Seems like a shit ton of money for only what 6 months?

September the 12th "a good day for boxing" has three of the most woeful matchups I've seen made in a long time. I agree with whats been said on here already, fights don't always need to be top fighter vs top fighter and some supposed mismatches don't turn out to be mismatches and some mismatches lead to bigger fights down the road but come on, Mayweather-Berto is an absolute farce, AJ vs. Cornish... Well... and RJJ on the club fighter scene these days still astounds me to this day, be a pundit be a commentator anything but wasting your time on the club fighter scene.

September the 12th "a good day for boxing" has three of the most woeful matchups I've seen made in a long time. I agree with whats been said on here already, fights don't always need to be top fighter vs top fighter and some supposed mismatches don't turn out to be mismatches and some mismatches lead to bigger fights down the road but come on, Mayweather-Berto is an absolute farce, AJ vs. Cornish... Well... and RJJ on the club fighter scene these days still astounds me to this day, be a pundit be a commentator anything but wasting your time on the club fighter scene.

A good day for boxing as in who's fighting.
U got a Mayweather ppv, a PBC event with Quillin, Anthony Joshua fight, and a Roy Jones fight.
Not bad especially that 2 of them are overseas, so you can watch AJ and Roy and then catch PBC and Mayweather at night.

A good day for boxing as in who's fighting.
U got a Mayweather ppv, a PBC event with Quillin, Anthony Joshua fight, and a Roy Jones fight.
Not bad especially that 2 of them are overseas, so you can watch AJ and Roy and then catch PBC and Mayweather at night.

Yeah when you look at it like that I see what you mean but still I think RJJ's fights these days are farcical, I mean we will never get to see the RJJ of old so I don't see much merit in getting hyped for a bout of his. AJ will likely mow Cornish down within 2-3rounds and we all now what will happen in MAy-Berto, but yes when you consider the names involved on the day they are well known names so yea, all in all fairplay, a good day for boxing

Yeah when you look at it like that I see what you mean but still I think RJJ's fights these days are farcical, I mean we will never get to see the RJJ of old so I don't see much merit in getting hyped for a bout of his. AJ will likely mow Cornish down within 2-3rounds and we all now what will happen in MAy-Berto, but yes when you consider the names involved on the day they are well known names so yea, all in all fairplay, a good day for boxing

In all fairness, Cornish is only fighting because Dillian Whyte needed more time to prepare for the AJ fight. That fight, which is an absolutely brilliant domestic bout, is scheduled for December.

Back