PBC FOX Charlo vs Korobov, Charlo vs Harrison and Breazeale vs Negron 12/22

Who did you score the fight for?

• Total voters
Someone please explain to me why Canelo is not P4P #1 right now...

Had Jermell winning 8-4 and Jermall winning 7-5. Korobov fought well but faded, I hope we see him in more world-level fights in future and he doesn't just go back into obscurity.

wait did you people actually have harrison winning this fight?!

i had charlo 9-3, for fuck's sake. i know they're both annoying, but come on. harrison did nothing offensively in that fight. he's slick, no denying that, but he fought a completely defensive fight and got outlanded by a large margin. you can't fight off the back foot for 12 rounds and land that many fewer punches, that was a horrendous decision.

wait did you people actually have harrison winning this fight?!

i had charlo 9-3, for fuck's sake. i know they're both annoying, but come on. harrison did nothing offensively in that fight. he's slick, no denying that, but he fought a completely defensive fight and got outlanded by a large margin. you can't fight off the back foot for 12 rounds and land that many fewer punches, that was a horrendous decision.

I didn't score it live, but felt like Harrison banked many of the early rounds during the first half of the fight. I thought it was close and really wide scores were out of line. The real question is how a judge had Korobov down 119-108 in a close(r) fight.
{<huh}

I didn't score it live, but felt like Harrison banked many of the early rounds during the first half of the fight. I thought it was close and really wide scores were out of line. The real question is how a judge had Korobov down 119-108 in a close(r) fight.
{<huh}
yeah korobov actually fought well and made it a lot closer. even in that one, i felt like charlo edged it, but it was narrow. it did convince me that someone like jacobs puts a hellacious beating on charlo, though. jermall is a big, physical fighter, but he doesn't have the finesse to beat the top guys like canelo, jacobs, derevyanchenko... i think even an aging golovkin could still put him away.

oh and korobov is a really good boxer, with a set of balls on him. he looked several weight classes smaller, but didn't fight like it. he didn't come in there for a paycheck, he fought.

charlo vs harrison was just baffling to me. maybe i didn't give tony's nuances enough weight in scoring, but i felt like every round he could've won was a really close round, and rounds that charlo won were pretty wide. i felt like you had to lean really heavily towards harrison to give him anything. charlo was pushing forward, throwing and landing the harder shots, and landed more. i feel tony won this because everyone expected him to get sparked, and when he didn't, they apparently gave him rounds.

I didn't score it live so I really can't say other than how it "felt" from my couch. But I did expect him to get sparked out, so that point may be valid.

So I just got to watch the fight. I had Charlo by 3 rounds.

Im really struggling to see how in the flying fuck he didnt win that lol. I didnt see convincing work from Harrison that clearly gave him the rounds.

Going to add a poll to the thread.

People complained about HBO's commentary, but Goosen was horrific. He had a winner picked and stuck with the script, repeating his mantra over and over.
I threw away my scorecard for the Harrison fight because I knew that I was giving rounds to Harrison as a result of Goosen's ball chortling. Just grating. I can absolutely see how Harrison won though as he was landing the cleaner blows by far. Unanimous though?? You'd think that at the very least ONE judge would have preferred Charlo's aggression. Seems suspect.

Lennox just agreed with Goosen 98% of the time, so he wasn't much use, and I love Lennox.

I was glad for Harrison, his next fight IMO should be Hurd, the winner to fight Charlo. Of course, economics will dictate who comes next, but that's what I'd prefer. Charlo can sit the fuck down. I don't want to see back to back Charlo's ever again.

Warming up in the minute between rounds??? WTF? No wonder Charlo looked like garbage in the first few rounds in the Korobov fight.
I was VERY impressed with the composure of the elder Charlo in his fight, because after seeing the results of the first fight there would have been very tempting to go balls to the wall and abandon tactics.

Messed it all yesterday. I was shopping for the wife. In fact I’m going out again shortly. My son in law have a tradition going now , we both procrastinate.
I am in that canoe as well.

In fact I drove past a few shops ‘cause....nope, Imma lose my shit. I’ve still got some shit to buy, but I’m hoping Monday will be more open...some of these fucks must have to work tomorrow.

Back