• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Media Pavlovich getting confronted by Volkov at weigh-ins for taking this fight (+ English translation)

Looks like it did.. unfortunately.
I am pretty sure both denied that they were ever friends. I think Matyshenko (or what is his surname, HW champ of Eagle FC) who trained at the same gym said that they never talk to each other outside of sparring and never had a tea/coffee or spend time with each other. I remember Volkov only called Maxim Bulakhtin his friend among mma fighters (or it was Bulakhtin who said they are friends? Basically when Bulakhtin was in prison Volkov spend a day or two few years ago to visit him and it it was like days before his fight UFC fight if I remember it right).

Last edited:
Pav stabbed Volkov in the back and then denied accepting the fight first?
Probably some UFC foolery. Went to Pavlovich and said Volk accepted the fight then he signed the contract then went to Volk with the fight and he said they were friends then they said well he signed the contract already to fight you then he signed it.

Vokov said earlier that he coudn't refuse the fight because he rejected the previoius 2-3 offers, and he basically had no choice but to accept this one. So this is pretty much nothingburger.
Couldn't refuse contractually? Or couldn't refuse because he was broke/inactive/etc?

If it is due to the contract, what happens when he refuses multiple fights? Is there a clause in there about it?

Couldn't refuse contractually? Or couldn't refuse because he was broke/inactive/etc?

If it is due to the contract, what happens when he refuses multiple fights? Is there a clause in there about it?

If they refuse, contract gets extended.

Also, the match-making and card placement is going to get worse.

This was such a mean booking by the UFC, just match them up with two cab drivers, let them get two great finishes, the crowd is happy, the promotion gets some highlights and after the title fights you match them up with top guys.

And apparently they told both that the other guy accepted, really scummy shit, hope they have a light sparring match.

I think its closer to the 1st, since we know UFC contractually must offer fighters 3 fights per year, so there is a chance he was not going to get any more fights this year, and at the same time piss off his bosses.

Yea sounds like Hunter 101
Hunter is a clown.

Dana rhe supposed fighter fan treats people like Ferguson, Rory McDonald and Gegard Moussasi (a top 10 MW of all time) like slime. While Partying with Conor McBotox face

Can you imagine what excel skills hunter will do when Dana leaves. Rock bottom bargain basement 12k/12k mania

The Pink Goof had to break up their conversation before they realize he played them.

Hunter is a clown.

Dana rhe supposed fighter fan treats people like Ferguson, Rory McDonald and Gegard Moussasi (a top 10 MW of all time) like slime. While Partying with Conor McBotox face

Can you imagine what excel skills hunter will do when Dana leaves. Rock bottom bargain basement 12k/12k mania

Dana just handles the media and oversees his team these days, Hunter is the one actually running the business. But yea you’re right it’s probably only gonna get worse when Dana retires

This was such a mean booking by the UFC, just match them up with two cab drivers, let them get two great finishes, the crowd is happy, the promotion gets some highlights and after the title fights you match them up with top guys.

And apparently they told both that the other guy accepted, really scummy shit, hope they have a light sparring match.
One of them should be fighting Gane surely.

Volkov probably thinking, why did you accept this fight, it's an automatic loss on my record

How is this not the main event?
What a fight. Two huge monsters. Volkov looking buff.

Back