Paulo Costa will destroy Israel Adesanya

Status
Not open for further replies.

chamcham

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Israel was so afraid of Romero.
But Paulo Costa seems like an even worse matchup. I think Israel won’t be champ for too long.

Nah Izzy will make him swing at air en route to 50-45 just like tonight.

I thought that even before this fight but I'm actually less confident in Paulo after tonight

Izzy fought at Yoel's preferred pace and still beat him, pretty impressive.

Nah Izzy will make him swing at air en route to 50-45 just like tonight.
Everytime Yoel threw wild punches they connected (was it 2 or 3 idk)
Costa will run through him, the difference in power and size is too big

You know im starting to think that anyone who can actually bang can land the knockout shot on Adesanya reason is
Adesanya is hittable but it's going to take someone who comes forward without getting countered by Adesanya

I mean Costa had zero fear fighting Romero came forward threw everything he had at Romero

Adesanya Is hoping Costa just comes forward so he can counter him and get the Ko

It's not as easy as that

The middleweight division is pretty bad at the moment to be fair as well

Paulo relies on volume and pressure , he doesnt have that one shot power of Yoel. It will be interesting and holefully fun to watch.

I thought that even before this fight but I'm actually less confident in Paulo after tonight

He didn't win impressively what fight were you watching they could have given that to Romero because Adesanya was basically throwing hardly anything except leg kicks

Romero landed the bigger head shots

That fight broke records fe least amount of shots thrown we will see

That's wasn't Romero preferred pace it was Afesanya fear to engage with Romero that we saw

Costa hopefully walks through this asshole Adesanya.

but i'm also worried that his aggressive style will open up the opportunities for Izzy to counterstrike and actually make him look good again.

Either way it's clear that fighters like Yoel or Adesanya need specific types of opponents to be in exciting fights.

*dangles my shiny keys*

Izzy will be sniffing the canvas within 2 minutes of fighting Costa

Beat him with what? Leg kicks that had little to no effect on Romero throughout the course of the fight?

Adesanya talking mad shit to Costa lol I want Izzy to win but a pissed off Costa is a scary thing

Israel was so afraid of Romero.
But Paulo Costa seems like an even worse matchup. I think Israel won’t be champ for too long.
Costa is the opposite match up. Costa is more liable to get hit than Romero, because Costa moves forward and gun fights until you KO him.

Israel might actually have a better time picking Costa apart than someone like Romero, who does nothing until you do something.

Yeah, what really good counterstrikers fear is wild aggressive guys coming forward swinging for the fences.

Nothing was impressive about that fight.

Costa will gas before the end of the 2nd. With how he fights he'll be touching air most of the time.

Izzy also took Yoel's best shot like a pop tart, so we know the chin is there.

If Izzy can stretch the fight last 3 rounds yea it will be over. Costa might catch him with some power shots in the first or second round. But 3,4,5 will go to Izzy and maybe a late finish. Costa is to much on the gas pedal early. Costa is a really hard guy to beat in 3 rounds, but idk if I see him lasting 5 rounds with Izzy.

Romero has better boxing. Israel would murder Costa.

I 100% disagree, he will come forward and get countered like whittaker did..i dont think izzy will KO him but i can see a TKO or UD easy....

I kinda look at it like how Costas fight with Uriah Hall went. He was eating a ton of jabs and was chasing Hall a lot. Problem is Izzy is a better technical striker, taller, and I don’t think he will fold like Hall did.

we know Costa is the real deal. He dropped Yoel and brought the fight to him, not many others have done that. It will depend on how good Costas cardio looks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back