Media Paulo Costa on TKO loss to Stylebender "I will fight him again"

Lol at dipshits thinking you get title shots based on having a chance to beat the champ. No, you get them based off of wins or selling. Paulo will get the wins and get a shot whether you think he can win or not.

Hard to sell that rematch. Costa fucked up big time.

I don't think so, who has Costa one shot dropped and finished the way Adesanya did to him and Whitaker? Costa is a volume striker he flurries guys against the cage. Adesanya drops guys in the middle of the octagon with one strike and finishes them. Adesanya def hits harder than Costa, even Gastelum said he was the hardest puncher he ever fought and look at all the guys Kelvin has fought.
It's about more than just power, Costa is fairly straight forward and predictable. Go watch the fight with Romero and you can see that Romero mostly rolls with all of Costa's punches, the one punch he didn't see coming Costa dropped him with it, which no one else has done. Listen to the impact of Costa's bodyshots when they land though, you can tell the guy has a lot of power but that's only one aspect of getting the ko

Costa has a hard road ahead. His style is very much feast or famine. He can bulldozer his opposition straight over, learning very little about himself or evolving his skill set, or he gets trashed by the true elite. In either case he’s not really taking much from his experiences. He’s got a shelf life that probably won’t result in a belt.

Well, both still young and in their prime, he should change gameplan and work on a few skills in the mean time, 2 more wins at the top and it can be a real possibility, he got outclassed, no gameplan.

It’s hard to tell if he’s CTE’d or just Brazilian, but either way, his gender was bent sadly

Costa has a hard road ahead. His style is very much feast or famine. He can bulldozer his opposition straight over, learning very little about himself or evolving his skill set, or he gets trashed by the true elite. In either case he’s not really taking much from his experiences. He’s got a shelf life that probably won’t result in a belt.
He has plenty of time to evolve.

I just feel he wasn’t ready for this fight. The UFC essentially threw him to the wolves by having him fight Adesanya. The gap in experience and skill is just way too much between the two of them. As a fan of his, I’m hoping he expands his game and doesn’t get lose in the shuffle at MW. He can still have entertaining fights. He just needs to be matched up properly and get an Adesanya rematch out of his mind.

Sounds concussed. Hopefully his rear is OK.

No one should be getting a rematch if you get mauled that bad

Costa is still my boy.

He will have to string a couple of really impressive wins to get another titleshot after that shit showing tho. Dude shat the bed big time

in my prediction, I predicted a 3rd or 4th round stoppage win for izzy. this went far easier than I thought.

He will to clean several divisions, several times over, for us to forget how he was sodomized live on TV in the center of the ring.
He got schooled in MMA but when a guy dry humps another unconscious man in front of millions on live TV it doesn't make me question the masculinity of the one being "sodomized".

"I'm back already. Stronger, smarter.."

You got owned 2 days ago. What the hell is he talking about.

Animation1.gif

This dude is a 29 year old specimen, he'll fight again for the title 100%.

Costa needs about 2-3 wins before he gets another shot in my opinion and I don't know if he beats Whittaker, Cannonier or Hermansson honestly. Not saying he can't but I just personally think these fights will be very challenging for him.

Back