Paulo Costa, Great looks = Great Fighter?

Donny Limps

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
Does Good Looks translate into fighting skill/power/speed/endurance?
Joe Rogan And Schuab seem to think so XD

How do they think so? Quote their statements

Tim Sylvia thinks otherwise

But does it also translate into a suspect chin? I mean, just look at Luke and Sage, two of sherdog's heartthrobs.

If being great at fighting off pussy counts then yeah, I guess there is a correlation.

Last edited:
He should cash in now, in a few years time he's likely to have the t-levels of an old man.

Take this philosophers word for it.

Wanderlei Silva was one of the best fighters around and he looks like an irl baraka from mortal kombat. Tony Ferg looks like a low rent AJ from backstreet boys. Mighty Mouse is perhaps one of the ugliest guys on the roster with those stupid ears and his male pattern baldness from age 21. He's also a Manlet to boot. But he was one of the most dominant fighters. So no, no correlation to looks and fighting. Some great fighters are good looking some not so much. Don't get me started on wmma. Cyborg is Wand in a dress and heels.

every guy watching Costa is saying to himself "I really need to hit the gym".

Tony ferguson is the best lightweight in the UFC

<datassdom>

The only reason Brock Lesnar is getting another title shot is because of the way he looks.

Perhaps in a very general sense there is some truth to this. Higher testoserone can lead to skill/power/speed/endurance, and it can also lead to more masculine (attractive) features.

You'll notice that masculine features are pretty common among these guys. Square jaw, larger nose, smaller eyes, etc... You're not going to see a ton of guys with effeminate features in this or really any pro sport where speed and power are important.

Even guys like Tony are not super duper uggo. Tony is just 34 and his hairline is receding and his ears and face are fucked from years of fighting and grappling. If you look back at his TUF days he is not bad looking.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back